Everyone, meet Theresa

-

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend hates her and says she looks old, but I think she’s just jealous.

I never thought I’d be a “numbers matching” kinda guy, but when presented with a situation like this, why not?

EFD2C689-16B7-4D0C-AA98-B3270F61F468.jpeg
8EE582F2-D59F-407C-A8CD-C6722749A9C9.jpeg
571FE832-E96B-4875-89BA-CF06C0F747E7.jpeg
EBC6783D-3F2E-4C81-83F9-3761B3A1E8B3.jpeg

Really need more details... Original/un-restored? Looks to good for that to be the case but if it is then you've score an absolute gem.. 318? Slant 6? Doesn't have the flash of most 340's but...... Options? Grandma parked it in 1972? Give it up!!!! We need answers... Do we need to send in the Black Suburbans????

That’s a nice ride! You should be very proud of this one

Thanks everyone! Much to my disappointment, the fender tag is missing, so I can't confirm the options it came with. I'm going to start digging around for a build sheet, but I'm quite confident that at least the drivetrain and interior components are original to the car. So, my "numbers" comment may have been misleading.

Really need more details... Original/un-restored? Looks to good for that to be the case but if it is then you've score an absolute gem.. 318? Slant 6? Doesn't have the flash of most 340's but...... Options? Grandma parked it in 1972? Give it up!!!! We need answers... Do we need to send in the Black Suburbans????

Here's what I can tell you: slant 6, 3 speed column shift, 7-1/4" rear, manual steering/brakes, no A/C. The lady I bought it from was the daughter of the owner who recently passed. He was second owner and had around 20 cars between here and the east coast, so he rarely drove it. He had it repainted in 1994 but kept the factory color and I'm guessing that's when the fender tag went missing. Other than the paint, everything else appears untouched.

He was a pretty good record keeper, so I have a couple folders of paperwork that came with the car. I'll see what kind of clues I can dig up.

Beautiful car..... but the wheelcovers and whitewalls gotta go....
Put em in storage.
Gotta say I kind of agree. I have a set of dog dishes that have been sitting on the shelf, I might go that route. But I won't get to aesthetics until after I've freshened the brakes and all fluids.

Looks like ‘69 rocker trim and header.
Educate me on the differences, please. Is the '69 header a little pointier? And what about the rocker trim?

A slant 6, three on the tree fastback. Now that's ate slam up with cool points right there!

Yes,the ‘69 has the pointier beak and that Is definitely’69 rocker trim. ‘68 used a skinny spear. Nice looking car!

A slant 6, three on the tree fastback. Now that's ate slam up with cool points right there!
I agree. I really enjoy driving cars with three on the tree, it’s just fun. And this is my first slant 6, so expect to see me in the slant forum asking stupid questions…

Yes,the ‘69 has the pointier beak and that Is definitely’69 rocker trim. ‘68 used a skinny spear. Nice looking car!
Thanks for the info! Now I’m wondering why those were replaced, and I have a hunch that’s why he had it painted also. No worries though, part of the fun here is digging through a new car and learning all about it.

Beautiful! I bet the repaint was due to an accident and the nose and hood were replaced?
Enjoy!
I agree. I really enjoy driving cars with three on the tree, it’s just fun. And this is my first slant 6, so expect to see me in the slant forum asking stupid questions…

Thanks for the info! Now I’m wondering why those were replaced, and I have a hunch that’s why he had it painted also. No worries though, part of the fun here is digging through a new car and learning all about it.

-
Back