Excited - ET slips for changes made or new purchases... Anyone else?

Which should I focus on the opening weeks?

• Low dollar 318 w/dual quads

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • '76 Duster - at least head swap

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • VAN - tons of fun! lol

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Forget all the above and get into 10's for 5k

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Scat hooking up would be interesting.....

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
-
I do believe J par will get in the 11's this year in street trim. There's no stopping him, he's persistent and motivated.
I would think..... new heads, carbs, and a bottle. If that won't push the tunnel ram 410 stroker into the 11's then it's time to throw in the towel. lol

OFF topic, but look at this guys dash light :D :D
6712291_5561146482611978240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=6dfAKlGJ1HAAX935isX&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

I would think..... new heads, carbs, and a bottle. If that won't push the tunnel ram 410 stroker into the 11's then it's time to throw in the towel. lol
I'm hoping to get into the 11's without "the bottle"...
The nitrous was just pretty much like everything on my car just because I wanted aluminum heads I wanted a clutch Tamer I wanted dual quads I want I want I want LOL...
I'm more see the nitrous as a "watch this" kind of thing with my friends out on the back roads not to try and get a better ET...

I'm hoping to get into the 11's without "the bottle"...
The nitrous was just pretty much like everything on my car just because I wanted aluminum heads I wanted a clutch Tamer I wanted dual quads I want I want I want LOL...
I'm more see the nitrous as a "watch this" kind of thing with my friends out on the back roads not to try and get a better ET...
Well, like it told you last year, you had the speed which means you were making enough power, just a matter of getting the car to work

Or blow it up trying!.. CAPLOOOWEY!!!...
You don't need the juice for 11's. save that for the 10's.
Your car was just a couple parts away from 10's in racing trim. without nitrous.

You don't need the juice for 11's. save that for the 10's.
Your car was just a couple parts away from 10's in racing trim. without nitrous.
I'll say it for the 17th time here the nitrous is just for a watch this moment out on the back roads.. I don't have the correct ring gaps to go over a 150 shot... Anything more would be just stupid...
It will likely just be more for show than go..
I haven't got a ricer two step up to the line with me at a light yet, and I assume a nitrous Purge would stomp out any thought of it...

I'll say it for the 17th time here the nitrous is just for a watch this moment out on the back roads.. I don't have the correct ring gaps to go over a 150 shot... Anything more would be just stupid...
It will likely just be more for show than go..
I haven't got a ricer two step up to the line with me at a light yet, and I assume a nitrous Purge would stomp out any thought of it...
sounds to me like a couple sneaky pete kits would fit the bill. screw the scare tactics. lol

wow, just looked at the polls. People want to see the SM heads on the stock 360.. I do too.... LOL

no love for the van :(

sounds to me like a couple sneaky pete kits would fit the bill. screw the scare tactics. lol
Tries to talk em out of it before it happens.... PUFF'n and BLUFF'n. :D What's he gonna do when they call his bluff? ? ? ?

"I don't care if you know karate, kung fu and six other Japanese words, step outside"

Jadaharabi What's up your sleeve ??? 360 in a Red Express? Wheelies 'Spirit of '76 style?

Intermingled with my everyday life which consists of trying to keep the daily drivers on the road my plan not in any particular order is.

Go to Indy swap meet in March
Go to HemiSS Rockford swapmeet in April
Get the Hillbilly(76 Dart) to the track.
Do some swapping with 318wr.
Change or modify motor in Hillbilly.
Swap engine in Little Red.
Continue never ending work on trucks.
Buy or trade for enclosed trailer.
During all this, fix house up next door and move in it.
I have plenty to do.

Tries to talk em out of it before it happens.... PUFF'n and BLUFF'n. :D What's he gonna do when they call his bluff? ? ? ?

"I don't care if you know karate, kung fu and six other Japanese words, step outside"
Blow there doors off like I always do! It's a Mopar!!?

Intermingled with my everyday life which consists of trying to keep the daily drivers on the road my plan not in any particular order is.

I have plenty to do.
wow, after reading that list, i'm ready for a nap!

I have plenty to do.
You have a full plate, I think you need to sit down and have steak and eggs daily. you are going to need it. busy, busy and busy !!!

When my Dad was racing his 79 Cordoba regularly, the tow vehicle was a 77 B200 long wheelbase van.
The kind with the taller fiberglass roof, fully shag carpeted interior, captains chairs for seats, etc.
We re-ringed a 360, added some headers, Ede performer intake, 600 Holley, Comp 268H cam.
We used a B&M weighted flex plate and retained the stock converter that was behind the original 318 that came in the van.
L60-15 rear tires and 3.23(3.21??) gears.

One time at the track there was an issue with the Cordoba that prevented him from being able to race it, so he unhooked the trailer from the van and ran it in the street class.
15.60’s....... I don’t remember the speed.

That’s over a second quicker than a 1986 Monte Carlo SS I had with the HO 305 and 3.73’s.

Be interesting to see how 318wills van stacks up.

My vote for the first test where actual work is required is the SM head swap on the 360.

When my Dad was racing his 79 Cordoba regularly, the tow vehicle was a 77 B200 long wheelbase van.
The kind with the taller fiberglass roof, fully shag carpeted interior, captains chairs for seats, etc.
We re-ringed a 360, added some headers, Ede performer intake, 600 Holley, Comp 268H cam.
We used a B&M weighted flex plate and retained the stock converter that was behind the original 318 that came in the van.
L60-15 rear tires and 3.23(3.21??) gears.

One time at the track there was an issue with the Cordoba that prevented him from being able to race it, so he unhooked the trailer from the van and ran it in the street class.
15.60’s....... I don’t remember the speed.

That’s over a second quicker than a 1986 Monte Carlo SS I had with the HO 305 and 3.73’s.

Be interesting to see how 318wills van stacks up.

My vote for the first test where actual work is required is the SM head swap on the 360.
Holy Cow!!!! Best post you've ever posted !! LOL.... Now I have a target. I MUST run at least a 15.59 :D :D :D

We were pretty surprised at how quick it was.

My 900 mile old short bed 2wd , 3.9 Magnum, 5 speed, 3.21 rear 93 Dakota Sport ran 16.20’s(mid-80’s for speed iirc).

We were pretty surprised at how quick it was.

My 900 mile old short bed 2wd , 3.9 Magnum, 5 speed, 3.21 rear 93 Dakota Sport ran 16.20’s(mid-80’s for speed iirc).
My Dad bought a Brand New '94 Dakota sport short bed 2wd, 3.9 mag, 5 speed, 3.21 gears in November of '93. No A/C, manual windows, never raced it at the track.

I have plenty to do.
I plan to be at HemiSS swap meet too. coming fast, just a little over 2 months away :eek: And Cordova swap meet and spring warm up will be the same month :eek: I see the Van making it's first pass that day... :D

-
Back