Exhaust donut?

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a flat flange gasket but, found this on the passenger RH side. Can’t seem to find one. Does it come off? It looks like part of the manifold. 78 440. Where can I get one? The id vis 2 inch and bolt holes 3.75 apart center to center.

80DFA15C-DEEA-4D95-A4B2-4295FE43F4A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Really ? Its been a while but I seem to remember late model BB manifolds using a flanged headpipe and these donuts..

I haven’t looked at the casting number or measured the needed size. I thought I could walk in the parts store and say give me one for...

Really ? Its been a while but I seem to remember late model BB manifolds using a flanged headpipe and these donuts..

I can not tell from the picture. I was thinking of 60's or 70's small blocks where the donut is cast into the flange. If that is the case, I stand corrected. Thanks. My big block manifolds use a flat gasket.

How did the old bare pipe fit? Snug or was it rattling on there with no bolts in it? 5.0 manifolds as well as magnums have very pronounced rounded flanged that obviously nest into a rounded bell of the exhaust tube and do not sit flush when torqued. Yours look like they may need a little help depending on the fit of the pipe on that flange?

Like stated b4 u don’t use a donut. Make sure the flange is good on the pipe. Kim

How did the old bare pipe fit? Snug or was it rattling on there with no bolts in it? 5.0 manifolds as well as magnums have very pronounced rounded flanged that obviously nest into a rounded bell of the exhaust tube and do not sit flush when torqued. Yours look like they may need a little help depending on the fit of the pipe on that flange?

Kim, look it is not flat. Pishta, I don’t know because I only got the engine.

What is the flange that the donut gasket side uses called? Is it a ball flange or donut flange or something else? I'm looking in the Walker catalog and cant find it. Casting number 4041468. A Dorman 674-275 equivalent uses a flat gasket so, I guess I need some other head pipe.

Last edited:
If u have a flat flange it’s the wrong 1. U need a pipe with a different end. I’ll find a pic. This is the only pic I have on my phone. I think it’s called a bell flange same as most low performance small blocks have. Do u see the 2 bolt ring that’s on the pipe? Kim

4812C50E-E1CD-4A19-BEF7-D114C5E60042.jpeg

-
Back