exhaust leak choke stove

-

thebearded1

Reaction score
I have the exhaust manifold where the choke stove is open to the exhaust gases and it's leaking where the choke thermostat attaches. Has anyone had any luck sealing it with high temp silicone? Any other options? I don't have any spare remeflex to use.

I do have a later exhaust manifold that has a sealed choke stove but i will be putting that on later when i am ready to install the 2 barrel intake.

Are you talking about the hot air valve between the intake and exhaust manifolds? If so, Remflex makes a gasket.

Are you talking about the hot air valve between the intake and exhaust manifolds? If so, Remflex makes a gasket.

Nope i have the remflex gasket for that junction. This is the one i'm talking about...
TFMbm6dQrWUbkam1yOhRwbdRU-6WIzCPFAly_6Yg-wQLQIUCRLph9n_iyj2CSObu8P2BQQ=w1753-h1314-no?authuser=0.jpg

a certain span of years in the middle of slant six production had this pocket open to the exhaust gasses the rest are sealed off

I have the exhaust manifold where the choke stove is open to the exhaust gases and it's leaking where the choke thermostat attaches. Has anyone had any luck sealing it with high temp silicone? Any other options? I don't have any spare remeflex to use.

I do have a later exhaust manifold that has a sealed choke stove but i will be putting that on later when i am ready to install the 2 barrel intake.
I used Permatex ultra copper gasket maker for exhaust on mine, and it’s been fine so far.

Remember trying to use pematex in the past and it not working. If you try it, I'd let it setup over night before firing it.

thanks everyone I will try the high temp red rtv first and let it set up a day before firing it up. If that doesn't work I will order some gasket material. I will try to remember to report back with what ended up working

I used the copper gasket maker and it seemed to seal it up nicely. The old gasket was crumbling and half of it I had to chisel off the intake.

-
Back