exhaust manifold collector gasket

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking For a good collector gasket for a 1968 stock 383 exhaust manifold. Seams like all the ones I use start leaking. And flanges seam to be clean an straight. Thanks

Remflex graphite gaskets are the only thing that works for me , pricey but a 50% crush makes them seal almost any surfaces .

Where ca I get them? Thanks

http://catalog.remflex.com/

Kickass gaskets in places there is room for them, and they don't need retightening after running.
They are about 3/16 thick right out of the package and the crush/seal is great.
They even have bulk material so a person can make what they need if they don't already carry it.

check their dealer site ,most parts places have em or can get em pretty quick .measure your ports and check their sizes if you go for header gaskets as well because they have 3 or 4 for sbm .

These are the ones I ordered. 383 with stock manifolds. Hope they are correct. I didn't have the exact diameter of my old ones when I was at the speed shop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-11-18-27-17.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 100
cool ,funny seeing the slots in them , my collector flanges are really tight so I cut a slot like that in mine so I had somewhere to stick a flat screw driver between the flanges and twist it 90 degrees to make the gap big enough for the gasket to go in then pulled the screwdriver out from the slot .

PS if those leak you got a seriously bad mating surface .

So the 2.5" should be the correct ones for my car? Thanks gor the tip also..

-
Back