Exhaust manifolds??

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
What exhaust manifolds will fit my 64 Dart with a 360 and eddy heads? I know I'll be giving up HP over my headers but want more room then HP. I'm planning on a 383 swap later so I'll deal with headers then. Would the newer A bodies work, like the 340 ones?

Early a bodies have a narrower engine compartment than the later ones, so the late manifolds won't fit. You'll have to use the early A manifolds, which for your 360, are going to be restrictive. Headers are available, though not common for that application. 383's going to be interesting as well...same problems, only I don't believe anyone makes exhaust for that swap.

Dam! I was hoping the later ones would fit. When I go 383 I'll be having fenderwell headers made. I might just deal with my headers that I have of go fenderwell now.

There has been much discussion about later model manifolds from Dakotas and Jeeps used in early A-bodies. Seems they worked for some and not others so...
I wont say buy a pair and try them. I will say they flow a heck of a lot better than stock but then most anything would. Good luck

Danger, the early a exhaust do not fit the Eddy heads without grinding and welding. Pictures

Attachments

• 12-5-2012-7 head after grinding leak.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 424
  • 12-7-2012-2 head welded.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 438
People have been using the 340 mannyfolds on the early cars for a long time. They fit without power steering, but barely and in some instances require grinding here and there, but they will fit. Also, the Dakota 5.9 magnum manifolds fit too. The early 90s models had 2.125" outlets and flowed pretty good.

Just put a set of 92 Dakota 5.2 manifolds on a 318 with 360 heads in my Black 66 Cuda Monday night. Close on the passenger side - can get my little finger in between and clears manual steering on drivers side. Tried Sanderson DD7 Blockhuggers, didn't clear steering. Another thread says Sanderson now has DD8 Blockhuggers for early A's.

Just put a set of 92 Dakota 5.2 manifolds on a 318 with 360 heads in my Black 66 Cuda Monday night. Close on the passenger side - can get my little finger in between and clears manual steering on drivers side. Tried Sanderson DD7 Blockhuggers, didn't clear steering. Another thread says Sanderson now has DD8 Blockhuggers for early A's.

Do you have any pictures??

-
Back