exhaust suggestions

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i have a 68 dart with 340 automatic..its a nice daily driver that i have tried to keep a original look and i plan to drive it daily..i am ready for exhaust system..i t has a performance cam with the la340 intake and factory hp exhaust manifolds.i have purchased tips and hangers and i need some idea on if i should buy a pipe kit or just take it to local muffler shop? and i need a set of mufflers that sound good but i can hear the radio and cruise ..any ideas appreciated

i run the summit kit on my 71 duster
plenty of quiet and easy to install
i doubt a local shop can beat the price, too

I recommend Accurate Exhaust for Mopar. Great quality and fit. I went to a local muffler shop and then tore it back out.
They go to various car shows like Carlisle where they have show special deals and then ship it to you. With all the parts you need, good instructions and video, it's an easy install.

running similar set up

Picture Information

s-l300.jpg

• s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64(1).jpg
  • s-l64(2).jpg
Have one to sell? Sell now
Details about Pypes No-Muffler Exhaust System SMA10

Be the first to write a review.

Email to friends Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab
| Add to watch list

on eBay

Shop Summit Racing on eBay
Summit Racing Equipment is the World's Speed shop. We sell the parts you need to make your muscle car, truck, van, SUV, sport compact, or Jeep go fast or just look good.

Save this Seller

Contact seller

More... See all

muFu5B9pG8iID1t_4-OM_nQ.jpg
mstrRABG1ltoUARcSfmW_Qw.jpg
mtbKUmZPXGT9G7t7Fthh8qg.jpg
mggnBnUvLeoSoXALmkP-dxQ.jpg

E bay item # 142717247904
good fit and price and correct original size.
i bought the stock mufflers and love them...very quiet until you step on it.

Summit for affordable do it yourselfers. EZ install with headers & minor cutting.
No exhaust manifolds options from what I have seen.

TTI for easy install for headers and exhaust manifolds. Better metal, complete with everything.

Accurate for the OEM look and performance unless you sub out the mufflers.

I took my car to a local shop and asked how much to run 2.5 inch duals from my manifolds to exit in front of the tires and already had my own mufflers.
You should have heard how loud I laughed when they told me 800.

I have to pipes and they fit great. Pain n the *** install but results are great. It’s expensive. The exhaust guy I used to use was an artist but stopped doing it so I was scared to try anyone else in the area which is why I went tti. Nice thick pipe and mandrel bent.

Mufflers. Hmm. Forget what I have but they drone right off idle. Dynomax super turbos will too. Think I’m trying magnaflows. A friend has them and loves them.

I run Borla Mufflers. Not too loud and not much drone. a little bit around 2500RPm. This was much better after insulating the interior and trunk. THey are WAY better than the flowmasters that were on it

I run the TTI 21/2 from the manifold back. Stock is 2 1/4. The fit is very tight around the starter. Mufflers are Dynomax turbo. Only car I own where you can have a conversation.

if you install the e-bay exhaust i indicated in my post you can barely hear any exhaust while driving unless you step on it, with their stock 340 mufflers...very quiet just like 1969!
They also offer a performance muffler which is louder.

Pypes only does from headers not from exhaust manifolds. I spoke to him at Englishtown this year and inquired about manifolds and he said they only do from Headers.

Not trying to hijack the thread but can these kits easily be installed without a welder?

I just looked at ebay and all exhaust systems were for headers back. He has exhaust manifolds.

-
Back