exhaust system options

-

cudarudy

cudarudy
Reaction score
are there any sources for exhaust systems besides taking to a shop . Looking for exhaust system for my rust bucket 67 barracuda 273 2 barrel ,would be ok with a single exhaust .Only drive the car to work occasionally , but it was my first car I bought back again about 15 years ago and the left pipe rusted out up at the manifold connection sounds terrible . I will check next week at a local shop for a price quote, but just want to see what options are out there

I replaced mine with a set from the manifold back from accurate exhaust. You can purchase sections if that's all you need it the complete kit.

I replaced mine with a set from the manifold back from accurate exhaust. You can purchase sections if that's all you need it the complete kit.
The 2 barrell engine didn't have the HP exhaust that Accurite sells. (unless they sell the 2 barrel system too)

I looked at Walker and AP and nothing. Summit has header back dual systems for $400. Too bad it's your occasional driver. Did the muffler shop give you an estimate? I would imagine a couple hundred $$ to make a crossover pipe.

Getting quote from local shop next week, looked on the accurate exhaust site 700 dollars not sure if that is for duals or single . They list a part number for a single system put number in their search box comes back no results. Thanks for helping

Call them. They don't show listing for everything

A good muffler shop will be your cheapest route. But it will rot out in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Try Waldron exhaust. They are a small shop and are substantially cheaper than accurate. I ordered a dual exhaust for my 69 cuda. Very happy with it. They shipped it through Fastenal pretty cheap. I think I paid less than $500 shipped. The only downside is that if they are busy, it may take awhile. I think mine took 8 weeks.

-
Back