Expensive day. NHRA chassis certs

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A local friend and NHRA chassis inspector drove to my house to certify my blue and green duster. 475 dollars plus a 25.00 tip and they are both done. The blue duster is legal to run 6.50 in the 1/4 and the green duster is legal to 8.50 in the 1/4 mile. Certs are good for three years thankfully so now hopefully I can sell the green duster and get the blue duster out for some hits later this year
49F2FB95-7D81-4517-9381-07DD8A30719B.jpeg
5B3D750D-CF5B-487B-9AB0-15E9168467ED.jpeg
FFF7C290-213A-4DF1-BCF0-1D016178D506.jpeg
C91E0846-606E-4E6E-9A13-188AE1BE416A.jpeg
54695572-608D-4B46-A0B2-125CD6695D31.jpeg

View attachment 1715778629

Didn't know you had 2 big block dusters, is the pink one yours to.
How many Dusters do you have, no wonder you're always busy or shall I say, behind the eight ball. lol

Didn't know you had 2 big block dusters, is the pink one yours to.
How many Dusters do you have, no wonder you're always busy or shall I say, behind the eight ball. lol

The pink one belongs to my friend that traded cars with me. He wanted my Daytona so we traded cars and he finished it. I have the black, green, and blue duster and gave the black primer 1970 duster to my oldest son. My ex wife raced it for awhile and it was my street car to for awhile.

Boy that is some nice work, there!

I honestly didn’t do anything to either of these cars other than help get the blue one switched over from small block to big block, a little help with the headers, build the big block, powerglide and soon a higher geared 9 inch pumpkin for when i try nitrous. All the pictures of the green car are from previous owners and we traded as rollers, minus engine and transmission. Both cars went with the right headers. I was going to put a 505 mega block with 440-1 heads I ported and put 2.250 valves in. That is not going to happen now as I decided to sell it. I can’t keep up with three cars plus be there to help my son with his when he decides to race it again.

What rear suspension setup does the green car have?
I do like the look of that blue car. Patiently waiting for some good posts or stories on that one.

You are the tip of the Mopar spear, sir. When my Swinger is finished, I hope to represent as well as you have. Much respect to you.

What’s left on BLU John? Gotta be close….

What’s left on BLU John? Gotta be close….

I haven’t touched it in months as I can’t even get my bracket car out. To just run NA it needs wiring connected, plug wires made, engine compartment fuel system finished, driver’s side headers bolted in place, oiling system finished, water lines finished, new seats belts are here but need installed, seat bolted in, hood scoop installed on carb.

Really nice cars! I know you said the Blue one is Certified for 6.50 in 1/4 but what kind of ETs are you hoping for?

-
Back