expensive exhausts

Mopar Exhaust Systems

1. threewood

threewood Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:54 PM
    Another vote for the Jegs kit. Price w/ mufflers was $255 shipped! Thick walled 2 1/2" pipes and a pile of fittings. You can weld up your own head pipes. Also, get the kit without the mufflers. Mine were not bad drone wise but I like the ultra flows much better.

2. furyus2

furyus2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:54 PM
    I used the TTI kit because I was staying with the 340 manifolds. It fits well, but the driver's side was very close to the starter. If you have a column shift it gets modified. They also sell the pipes from the manifolds, but I was concerned it wouldn't fit the Summit kit, so I bought the whole TTI kit.

3. seabee

seabee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:54 PM
    I had a great experience with AccurateLTD and Tom Swope. The extra cost, to me, was worth the hassle free install and great fitment.

4. PhillH

PhillH Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    That sounds way too high. I have done alot of research and found a shop near me that does really ggod work, they have tons of pics up on facebook of their work, I talked to the owner about the type and quality I wanted, he said if the bend isn't fit right he will throw the tube away and start fresh. THey don't do mandral but their pipes will not have those crush wrinkles. $600 flat with Flowmaster 40's. So this is less than a prebent system I will have to modify and weld to get to fit right. Look around and see if you can find a quality shop around you.

5. VOETOM

VOETOM Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Another vote for Tom as well. I neglected to add him to my first reply as he had already been mentioned; he is very kind and knowledgable to deal with.
    Tom

6. B-onefan

B-onefan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What shop, Matt?

7. Killer6

Killer6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If a shop is bending off a card or program, the price should be competitive within a
    certain range. Remember, Accurate isn't paying the overhead and wages to fit and install
    your exh., the local shop is. If you are building off of non OE mannys or headers,or using
    larger dia. pipe and radius bends, there is a lot of "3D skills and adjustments" involved.
    I've built custom stuff from scratch,and it is time consuming and skill demanding.True
    dual jobs on cars never built w/them are a challenge, some shops may make the frt.
    pipes in three pieces to "cheat" the difficulty,doing it in one piece w/o screwing up a 10ft.
    stick and starting over ain't easy.You can "fix" some bends if it is just a depth issue, but
    if the rotational indexing is off, cutting and welding or multi-piecing is the only way out
    w/o starting over.

P.S. even bending off of cards & programs can turn out needing tweaking...alot at times.
    I have just gone to welding mandrel bends & sticks for any perf. app not avail.
    :coffee2:

8. highwaystar50

highwaystar50 Active Member

Local Time:
    12:54 PM
    Keep in mind that the 67 didn't have duals - well for the small block engine anyway. You'll notice that the gas tank is more to the right of center than on later models. I'm not sure that Accurate's 68 and above system takes that into consideration. I had a custom install on my 67 to
    create a dual exhaust system and the guy spent more time bending the pipe that goes over the rear axle on the right side than practically the whole rest of the system combined. There's not much room there. It's possible that's where some of the $800 - $900 cost is coming from.

9. moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Apple muffler

10. moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    P
    Probably gonna just go to accurate exhhaust for the head pipes that mate to 68 340 manifolds , add mufflers and turndowns before the rear axle. I am using a 68 up tank and straps. The back has been redone including the spare tire well to accomodate the 68 up straps. I believe all the tanks from 67 to to 76 are offset to the right.

11. halifaxhops

halifaxhops It's going to get stupid around here! FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    x2 in mine, easy to put up on your back it has the two piece tailpipes.

12. macman340

macman340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  13. mguner

mguner How many is too many?

Local Time:
    early As require that special cross member mod which probably means no....

14. 74dusterman

74dusterman 74dusterman

Local Time:
    I own an exhaust shop in central MN. I have done a few A bodies and B bodies. The drivers side tail pipe is time consuming because there isn't a lot of room next to the gas tank as mentioned in a previous post especially with 2.5" pipe. I don't use index cards, everything is custom bent. If people are paying $800 for dual exhaust then I need to raise my prices. I can usually do it for half that price.

15. TrailBeast

TrailBeast AKA Mopars4us on Youtube

Local Time:
    1:54 PM
    I told the shop here that I would supply the mufflers for 2.5 inch aluminized duals and they told me 800 or so.
    Pshh, I could buy a welder and still do it for half that. (and did, but my Brother had given me a gas bottle type Miller wire feed so I didn't have to buy one afterall.)

16. Mike69barracuda

Mike69barracuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I just bought my entire system. From Accurate Exhaust in Oregon. Installed correct with all factory correct bends........Ask for butch or Tom. They have a website. Extremely happy with my exhaust system from them. They will be at Carlisle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.