External Muffler

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
I’m wondering if I could quiet the noise down when doing some idle tuning in the garage and properly vent the exhaust. I was thinking a large old metal accordion type hose routed to a garbage can with loose fiberglass fill enclosed within.

I got 2 cheap mufflers from a auto parts store for a 2.25" in and out and just put them in the collectors I got from summit for like $12 with a spot weld with my mig and they work great.

Might be able to do the same thing but just run the accordion type hose (dryer vent) 10 feet or so from the tail pipe

The turbo does quiet some things down. Just the tube may work. I have some free time tomorrow - but broke till Friday

I also had a street rod that had mufflers but was very loud we ran it a lot trying to get it tuned and I stuck these mufflers in the tail pipes that were bigger and the weight of the muffler held them in and it was super quiet.

I also had a street rod that had mufflers but was very loud we ran it a lot trying to get it tuned and I stuck these mufflers in the tail pipes that were bigger and the weight of the muffler held them in and it was super quiet.

Like a firearm suppressor! Neat! I may have something I could drum up.

-
Back