ez wiring 4 pin ecu

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hey every one
Im stumped and ready to pull my last hair out of my head
My 68 cuda with an ez wire 21 circuit is nut
I have a 4 pin ecu
I have a 2 post ballast I have the pink wire set up as per instruction but when I hook up the number 1 pin in the ECU and the voltage drops to 3 v and nothing on the neg side
What am I doing wrong
Please someone help

You have a link to the destructions for whatever harness you have?

Simplified diagram: What they are calling "existing wire" goes to the IGN1 / ignition run. I have no idea what that equates to with a universal harness. What is NOT shown is the brown / bypass wire, which goes from IGN2 of the ignition switch--usually brown--to the coil PLUS side of the ballast. You will likely have to add that wire, and it is needed as the IGN1 "run" GOES DEAD during cranking. The IGN2 circuit bypasses the resistor and feeds "hot" battery to the coil, and backfeeds through the resistor to power the box for start. IGN2 is the ONLY source of ignition power during "crank"

Ignition_System_4pin.jpg

What Mopar does with the ignition switch for ign1 / ign2 and coil resistor bypass is fairly unique. Both GM and Ferd did this with the "I" terminal of the starter relay/ solenoid. That terminal goes "hot" when the solenoid is pulled in and feeds the coil "hot" power for starting. Mopar did this in the ignition switch instead

Most "hotrod" and universal harnesses ignore us Mopar guys for wiring specifics

Hey every one
Im stumped and ready to pull my last hair out of my head
My 68 cuda with an ez wire 21 circuit is nut
I have a 4 pin ecu
I have a 2 post ballast I have the pink wire set up as per instruction but when I hook up the number 1 pin in the ECU and the voltage drops to 3 v and nothing on the neg side
What am I doing wrong
Please someone help

--------call Sean at E Z , quit screwing around w/ it !

You have a link to the destructions for whatever harness you have?

Del, this is from the EZ Wiring install instructions (my incoherent notes included).
Think I used their pink to "our" brown (ign2).
And their orange to "our" blue (ign1).
Make sense?

20210520_223946.jpg

Last edited:
Del, this is from the EZ Wiring install instructions (my incoherent notes included).
Think I used their pink to "our" brown (ign2).
And their orange to "our" blue (ign1).
Make sense?

View attachment 1715740498
Hard to say from that. They are referring to two ACC's so if there is one extra (whichever) and you wired that to IGN2, that would go to the coil

Hard to say from that. They are referring to two ACC's so if there is one extra (whichever) and you wired that to IGN2, that would go to the coil
If I remember correctly the second ACC is for the GM switches that click backwards for the second ACC. That was more than a couple days ago so it's going to be foggy. LOL

If I remember correctly the second ACC is for the GM switches that click backwards for the second ACC. That was more than a couple days ago so it's going to be foggy. LOL

Its been so long ago , I dont remember why, but he told me to hook 3 wires together at the key switch to get power to the starter, I did and it worked , the only thing is , the engine will continue to run in accessory of I go past off , when killing it . Not a problem for me , as I dont have any accessories to run w/o the engine running. The fast fuel inj. system was made things aq little more complicated too .

-
Back