F BODY TO EARLY A BODY BRAKE SWAP

-

A/MP

Reaction score
'65 Dart with 9 1/2 front brakes. Just found some mint F body spindles. Is it just a straight swap of spindles to get the bigger disc or are there other front suspension issues that will follow? THX

Need upper control arms and lower ball joints from 73+ a body car. Also caliper brackets,calipers and rotors,brake hoses ect.

'65 Dart with 9 1/2 front brakes. Just found some mint F body spindles. Is it just a straight swap of spindles to get the bigger disc or are there other front suspension issues that will follow? THX
See the Mopar Action issue AUG-OCT 2018 title TAKE A BRAKE/DISC-O-TEC By:James TALK ABOUT IT Mitchell. An RE. Will show u how to swap front an rear too disc.

Preach it brother. GAWD there's somethin wrong with that guy.
I'm James talk about it. Truth be told, FACTS: I knew Eburg for over 12yrs, Around 2012 i came to him with the Rear-Disc-Brakes-Swap idea, from a 03 JEEP Liberty. I put the rear disc set-up on my 75-Scamp. see photo at left. He was not interested at first, then about 7yrs later he was. I showed him how everything goes together, and works. I did so much leg-work an research an cross-reference parts between other JEEP models an years. I gave him all the info, He did the story in 2018. I got $200! He got thousands! My name was NOT put in part 2. Oct 2018 issue. The friendship ended! My mistake, we had no contract. I thought we were friends. I thought of the title"BRAKES-THROUGH"TM
(Rear-disc-brakes for vintage Mopars.)

He did not use my title because he would have had to pay me more$$. so he used the title (TAKE-A-BRAKE. out dated an real corny!) can u say PLAGIARISM!!!GREED!!!
:mad::mad::mad:
Fret not thyself because of evil doers... psalms 37:1

I'm James talk about it. Truth be told, FACTS: I knew Eburg for over 12yrs, Around 2012 i came to him with the Rear-Disc-Brakes-Swap idea, from a 03 JEEP Liberty. I put the rear disc set-up on my 75-Scamp. see photo at left. He was not interested at first, then about 7yrs later he was. I showed him how everything goes together, and works. I did so much leg-work an research an cross-reference parts between other JEEP models an years. I gave him all the info, He did the story in 2018. I got $200! He got thousands! My name was NOT put in part 2. Oct 2018 issue. The friendship ended! My mistake, we had no contract. I thought we were friends. I thought of the title"BRAKES-THROUGH"TM
(Rear-disc-brakes for vintage Mopars.)

He did not use my title because he would have had to pay me more$$. so he used the title (TAKE-A-BRAKE. out dated an real corny!) can u say PLAGIARISM!!! GREED!!!

Fret not thyself because of evil doers... psalms 37:1

You found out the hard way all E boy cares about is $$$$. Better be glad you didn't get any worse than you did.

I was the one that found-out that all the parts inter-change between 02-07-Liberty's, 92-97-
Grand Cherokees, and 03-07-Wranglers. Liberty rotors, pads, and calipers are more beefier. Forget rockauto! Get the calipers from Autozone an the rest on-line or at amazon. very inexpensive. He mention rockauto in both parts 1 an 2. only because they sent him all the parts for FREE; just for putting there business name in the story. but leaves my name out! I did the math; they are not cheaper.

Thanks for all the info! Never knew about the Jeep/8/3/4/Dana rear brake swap. Any wheel fitment issues with that rear disc swap and other rear disc swaps that I've heard about?

Thanks for all the info! Never knew about the Jeep/8/3/4/Dana rear brake swap. Any wheel fitment issues with that rear disc swap and other rear disc swaps that I've heard about?
I have 15 inch wheels on my Scamp, lots of clearance. The JEEP has a Dana 44 rear. The rear disc brakes will bolt onto the 8/75 rear with one modification to the 2 caliper brackets. (see Mopar Action AUG 2018 pg 66.)After that mod it's 100% bolt on.

Good thread clearing up some info. I recently found an 87 Fifth Ave and pulled the front brake assemblies off of it. The car is a disc/drum, as if there was another option.. lol.. Can I use that proportioning valve for a car I'm converting to 4 wheel disks?

Target car is a 65 valiant. I still need the UCA's

-
Back