Fabbing some slant six to v8 engine mount adaptee

-

Sirsmiley9

Reaction score
I’ve got to try and make something like this soon because I ordered the early adapters without realizing they didn’t work with the 73 and later k frame, and Schumacher I guess hasn’t been making any since quarantine started

has anyone done anything like this here and if so any got any advice I think I’ll mostly need the height difference between the two because I’ve got the bracket from the old motor mount and the part where the new ones mount to the engine

I’ve got to try and make something like this soon because I ordered the early adapters without realizing they didn’t work with the 73 and later k frame, and Schumacher I guess hasn’t been making any since quarantine started

has anyone done anything like this here and if so any got any advice I think I’ll mostly need the height difference between the two because I’ve got the bracket from the old motor mount and the part where the new ones mount to the engine

I am getting ready to go through the same thing with my 64 Valiant. I am putting a 400 in it.Since Schumacher is either going out of business or scaling back dramatically, I am going to have to make my own. Good luck to you.

I heard from when I called classic industries they were caught in the middle of moving when quarantine started, which makes sense to me as to why they haven’t had anything

I heard from when I called classic industries they were caught in the middle of moving when quarantine started, which makes sense to me as to why they haven’t had anything

The lastest was his wife is sick with cancer.

It might be easier on you to buy a spool mount V8 k frame, and just use factory motor mounts. I see both for sale here pretty often.
I will definitely have to do that but my cousin offered to help me try and make some out of existing parts, and he’s good at welding so I was going to try this first

We need to go back in time. SOMEBODY did this back in the day, before TransDapt and Shoe were in business

There's threads on here about using a truck or van engine mount bracket on the passenger side and a standard bracket on the drivers side when using the 6 biscuit style K-frame.

I will definitely have to do that but my cousin offered to help me try and make some out of existing parts, and he’s good at welding so I was going to try this first
.............question-do you have a set of Schumaker mounts that will let you use a smallblock in a 1970 a body that was a slant 6? I'm needing a set for a 70 Dart-going from slant to a 318. If so, do you want to sell them?

-
Back