FABO DOGGO SHOW

-
Look of Mastiff or Dane in his head and jowls

Fine. Looking feller
Yes, when we adopted him, the folks at the shelter thought he might be Dane and Mastiff mix. That pushed us to the top of the list because we have had Great Danes in the past and "experience" with the breed is something they were looking for.

After getting him, we started looking at different breeds and he matches up with some of the American Bulldog strains. He's got the personality of one, sweet, really smart and a little stubborn. Our vet seems to think the same.

Chances are he's a mix of something, but we decided that's what we would tell folks when they ask.

I love that critter...
I was going to post my favorite pix of you two but figured everyone had seen it at least twice! That was a great evening. Can’t wait to move home to Ark. Jodi is sipping wine and waving to ya, Hemi is at my feet indifferent to the world. Once we get to Ark I will ping ya. Might cut the commute by about twelve hours or so!

Our dog Sparky. He is a total sweetheart and very smart. I was so proud of him when he graduated with top honors at Doggie College...*sniff*...they grow up so fast...

LOL!

B03D8CF2-40BE-45D1-9C6F-31089004E812.jpeg

Biscuit, so named because we adopted her on National Dog Biscuit Day. A failed hunter that was abandoned on a back road. An absolute sweetheart, and Daddy's girl...
upload_2021-9-25_19-20-26.jpeg

Bean, because she's a little stinker. A former breeder at an Amish puppy mill, has mastered "treats" and guarding her new home...
upload_2021-9-25_19-26-24.jpeg

Cookie, RIP... :( Adopted on National Sugar Cookie Day. Unclaimed stray that was considered "unadoptable". Always happy and ready to go... miss you every day, girl.
upload_2021-9-25_19-32-25.jpeg

No bunny is safe in our yard.
upload_2021-9-25_19-33-58.jpeg

If you couldn't guess, we're a Beagle family!

Our West Highland White Terriers Sammy, age 11 and Luna age 6. I have no idea how my wife got them to sit still long enough to take this picture.

Sammy at 11 is still playful, loves his food and is interested in everything. Luna, short for Lunatic, is simply the sweetest and most affectionate little dog one could ask for. Although she is also a bit of a handful.

At the vet's one day, we were there for Sammy's check up. Luna was there for moral support. The vet assistant comes in with a new girl and asked her to hold Sammy while she drew blood. She told the assistant that Sammy is a good boy, he doesn't make a fuss and is very stoic about everything. Then she said "not like that one!" looking very pointedly at Luna. Of course Claudia and I totally cracked up.

20170910_180851_Burst07.jpg

20210514_191653.jpg
20200923_095954_HDR.jpg
20190824_090236.jpg
20190616_210758.jpg

This is Scamp. She's a Red Tick rescue. Likes Mopars. Dodge trucks to be more specific. She had a hard time figuring out the tractor!

This is Holley, she is a Rottweiler/sharpie mix. We lost her suddenly 5 yrs ago to bloat. She was only 5 yrs old. Broke our hearts when she died. Posted this just to raise awareness to this condition. If u have a large barrel chested dog do some research. There are a few minor changes u can make that may protect your pup from this horrible death.☹️☹️☹️Rj

Chico.jpg

Harlee.jpg

Top one is my little Chico an 8 yo daddy's boy. And the bottom is our one and only Harlee, who recently crossed over the rainbow bridge after 16 loving years with us. Chico has been pretty lonely lately.

What a great thread! I have gotten to where I open this one first. Just some great looking hounds of all size and shape. Funny how car guys just naturally gravitate towards dogs. A shop without a hound is like a book store without a cat in the window!

These are my step-dogs, they belong to my best friends, but they love to come stay with us, ten times as much room to chase balls in. Runa, the shepherd, is a half sister of my Hemi (also known as Runa-tic), and the Dobie mix is Bullet.

20201030_160350.jpg

20200818_090308.jpg

20180901_163311.jpg

20190425_152549.jpg

20200818_070655.jpg

20200818_070920.jpg

I sure wish that last pic was in focus!

-
Back