FABO @ Moparfest!!!

-

340butterduster

no title
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got confirmation from the car club about getting clubs/groups together. Although we are not exactly sure how it would be easiest to handle...

So far we were thinking of something along the lines of writting down a club affiliation on your pre-registry sheet, then we could (hopefully) return your proof of registration, along with a club affiliation to hang off your mirror, therefore would be guided to specific area for your club.

Any comments, opinions, concern would be greatly appreciated.
Keeping in mind this is a non-profit show and we are all volunteering, so that we can all have a great weekend.

Those of you interested, can PM me, so I/we can have somekind of count as to how many spaces we would need.

Not ONE but TWO GIVE AWAY cars, this year, it's a milestone year.
One car for pre-registered participants, and the other for all who attend.

http://www.moparfest.com/

Hey Giles, having and FABO section this year would be awesome considering i missed the gathering last year lol...Im really hoping the scamp will be done...will be great to share our abody rides and meet everyone...how far in advance would registration for this have to be? im definatly interested but obviously wont know until the time comes closer

Matt, August 1st is the deadline for pre-registration. It might still be possible to park with the club if you are not pre-registered (could get complicated).
The reason we are asking for it on pre-registration is ; that we can have somekind of number of spots req'd / club.

Giles

Matt, August 1st is the deadline for pre-registration. It might still be possible to park with the club if you are not pre-registered (could get complicated).
The reason we are asking for it on pre-registration is ; that we can have somekind of number of spots req'd / club.

Giles

Ah that makes sense i guess...hopefully by August 1st I will know then...I better get working:clock:

That would be cool. I have been going with as bunch of guy's for years now, mostly C bodies some come up from the U.S. We meet at the Tims, once all here then drive in together. I would love to join ya but we have been doing this to long to change now, and this is the only time I get to see these guy's.
But I will have the A body banner out.
I hope the Spring Fling at the parts plant will still be a go, given what is going on with the talks.
AL

That would be cool. I have been going with as bunch of guy's for years now, mostly C bodies some come up from the U.S. We meet at the Tims, once all here then drive in together. I would love to join ya but we have been doing this to long to change now, and this is the only time I get to see these guy's.
But I will have the A body banner out.
I hope the Spring Fling at the parts plant will still be a go, given what is going on with the talks.
AL

To the best of my knowledge, the Spring Fling is still a go, I think it still will be even in the worst case scenario.

Sent you a PM also.
Giles

I'm in. I'm sure Randy will come back this year too. Haven't seen Him on here much though. Lets keep bmping this thread, and get a whole bunch of members.
Hey Giles...can we get prefered seating at the breakfast too? LOL Thats my favorite part of the show.

I'm in. I'm sure Randy will come back this year too. Haven't seen Him on here much though. Lets keep bmping this thread, and get a whole bunch of members.
Hey Giles...can we get prefered seating at the breakfast too? LOL Thats my favorite part of the show.

That's 100% my intention...It was great hooking up/meeting with some of the members last year.
I'm just trying to make it easier to all get together.

Later,
Giles

Met MrMopartech and Moparwedden there last year and what a great group of guys. We had a 74 Roadrunner red with white stripes. My 67 ragtop cuda will make it's maiden voyage this year. Count me in.

Met MrMopartech and Moparwedden there last year and what a great group of guys. We had a 74 Roadrunner red with white stripes. My 67 ragtop cuda will make it's maiden voyage this year. Count me in.

If you were a registered participant you will likely receive pre-registration forms in the mail, with this info on it;

We want to invite the Mopar owners of your club to Moparfest on August 15 & 16, 2009.
We want to show our support for Mopar Clubs by having them come out and park together as a group, hang some signage, pamphlets etc, to promote your club.

We are setting aside part of a ball diamond but because this is the first year we have tried club parking we don’t know how many we can accommodate in this area. For this reason we will have to encourage you to spread the word quickly.
If you are interested in this idea for your club and would like to come to the show please let your club members know to mention that they want “Club Parking” and put the club name on the pre registration form so we can set aside the spaces together.
They do not all have to preregister at the same time as long as they mention your club and club parking.
The price per vehicle will still be the same as the in the past $35. each
(unless they have a valid OCC membership card, then it’s $30)

If you would like for info please feel free to call or email.

Thanks

Patt Schertzer
for Moparfest
57 Pinehurst Cres
Kitchener ON N2N 1E3
SHOWGROUNDS: Fairgrounds New Hamburg Ontario

PH 519-342-1284
Fax 519-342-1285
email: moparfest@rogers.com

If not, like this email (copy of) says, feel free to contact.

See you there!
Giles

I,m in!Last year I couldn,t bring my car,last minute axel swap and Bear,s Performance sent me the wrong axels??Anyway,now I,ve also got the 66 Dart.Maybe I can get a friend to drive it down also.Looking forward to having some good times with members!:drinkers:Where and which hotel are members staying in?

I,m in!Last year I couldn,t bring my car,last minute axel swap and Bear,s Performance sent me the wrong axels??Anyway,now I,ve also got the 66 Dart.Maybe I can get a friend to drive it down also.Looking forward to having some good times with members!:drinkers:Where and which hotel are members staying in?

Oh Ya! I remember the axle ordeal.

Good idea on trying to book rooms at the same hotels, get a few members to book at the same hotel and get a group discount.
Here is a list of the accommodations for those interested http://www.moparfest.com/Accommodations.htm

The sooner we can get organized the better.

All the best,
Giles

hi Giles.

I'm in for Moparfest(Sunday only though). The Duster goes for its safety on Monday morning April 27th. Failed on the first try but should be on the road by Monday afternoon. Main thing it failed on were both lower ball joints and a bad RF wheel cylinder.

I'll post some pics after it's done on Monday to show off the Giles grill!!!

The Big E in London

hi Giles.

I'm in for Moparfest(Sunday only though). The Duster goes for its safety on Monday morning April 27th. Failed on the first try but should be on the road by Monday afternoon. Main thing it failed on were both lower ball joints and a bad RF wheel cylinder.

I'll post some pics after it's done on Monday to show off the Giles grill!!!

The Big E in London

Good stuff "E", I sent you a PM with all the info (quite a bit), but I'll sure count you in.
I'll be looking for pics on Monday (no pressure). It's finally looking like it's not likely to snow for another seven months (I hope), it's a good time to get it on the road.

All the best!

I tend to stay at a motel in Kitchener that is close to the Wellington cruise, that way the drive is a bit less afterwards.
AL

Anymore members going?Bump!

Thanks for the bump!
I do realize I posted that early, but the sooner we know, the easier it will be to set up. You can't complain about quality or quantity of work when it's all volunteered.
Trying our best to make all of us Mopar enthusiast weekend a better one.

Giles

-
Back