FABO'S Secret Santa 2013 !

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
2013 FABO Secret Santa!

How this works:

You sign up by PMing me your info. The PM with your info is your confirmation, other wise you are not signed up. I will PM you back confirming that I got your info.

Then, the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) I will randomly PM your info you supplied to another Secret Santa participant, and you will receive the same of another random participant. Whosever info you receive, you buy them a Secret Santa gift.

When you receive your gift, you can then post what you got on this thread. To participate, you need to be a member of FABO prior to October 2013 and have a mailing address in USA or Canada.

If you wish to not send out of your respected country, then please state so in your PM.

To make it fair, the gift should be in a $20.00 price range. If you wish to spend more, that is up to you, but do not expect a gift more than a $20 range in return

If you are interested in participating, please PM me your following information prior to Thanksgiving (I need yours even if you participated last year):

• Name
  • Shipping Address
  • Send a list of hobbies, T-shirt sizes, favorite sports teams, and collectables. Whatever you would like to send to help out your Santa’s gift choice.

And as a reminder, FABO gold memberships and buying from the FABO Store are great gifts to send and receive, plus it supports this site.

I copied last years rules for this and made a new thread for this year. I will do my best for you all. I’m just the guy putting it together. I will not be in it.

I'm down.

I've been burned before, a couple of years, doing this with other forums and on others, I've had some pretty hysterical and creative gifts. I don't really care much, what it is.

The last package I sent to someone was stuffed full of religious action figures, a lite-brite, a William Shatner spoken word record, a can of Spam and a few other things, along with the main gift, which was an NOS oldschool skateboard deck that I used as a canvas with some of my art on it.

The more random it gets, the more fun it is, IMO.

Cheers.

Bondsie

PS~ Check yo pm

Ok, I've got to tell this story. Maybe it will help get the ball rolling...

The last package that I received from a Secret Santa gig, was from one of the regional managers of Krispy Kreme Donuts. I know this, because the skateboard that was in the box was insulated in one-free-dozen-donuts coupons, instead of packing material.

Instead of using bubble wrap for the ends of the skateboard, he had a box of checkbook sized packs of the same coupons.

I ended up with about $500 worth of free donuts, which is cool... until you realize... you are responsible for $500 worth of donuts.

I talked to him about it and apparently it was a gift from his boss, who was just going to give them away at a company party, but nobody working for Krispy Kreme wants free f-n' donuts.

So, I became the sneaker pimp of Krispy Kremes for about 3 months, until I had to start giving away booklets of the coupons, because I couldn't take it anymore.

It was like that movie Blow, with Johnny Depp, about cocaine... only it was Donuts by the dozen, three at a time (limit)... We had donut fights... If I could have had Martin Scorsese follow me around with a camera and Johnny Depp narrating, the stunts we pulled, barter trades made on craigslist and the other nonsense we hashed out involving pastries could have won an Oscar.

I'm not sayin' people have to give hundreds of dollars worth of sugary fat to make this fun, but I'll never forget the random insane amount of fun we had, trying to get creative with those things.

It certainly got me excited for giving gifts, that year and cranked up my creativity volume.

Im just the guy putting it togather . I will not be in it . Money is tite .

ok, since Asa will not be in it because he has money issues....I am going to be his secret Santa (so much for the secret LOL) it works out because I have something for him (been saving it for months) and he does NOT have to get me anything. just him being happy for Christmas is gift enough for me.

so now we are all in it.

I bought my family Christmas cards with 3 legit and one fake winner scratch off lottery tickets. Aunt Susan told off her husband in front of the whole family when he tried to take her $10,000 winning ticket from her hand. It was so epic with laughter after she told him off, & even more so after she found out they were fake. I simply could not sit down or still while she stalked (sp?) me for hours. That, was a great gag!

ok, since Asa will not be in it because he has money issues....I am going to be his secret Santa (so much for the secret LOL) it works out because I have something for him (been saving it for months) and he does NOT have to get me anything. just him being happy for Christmas is gift enough for me.

so now we are all in it.
Rani you aint got to do that little siss . :prayer:

Ok we now have 4 playin !

give it some time .....once we get to thanksgiving more people will be in the mood ......I am not really in the mood yet for Christmas ..... but I am starting to shop now because last year I put it off till the last minute and I was not prepared and it was kinda embarrassing ......so not again:D

PM sent.
I'm in for 2014. I've participated since this started and had a blast with it - despite a bit of a 'bump' the first year.
Thanks for picking this up, Asa!

Ok, I've got to tell this story. Maybe it will help get the ball rolling...

The last package that I received from a Secret Santa gig, was from one of the regional managers of Krispy Kreme Donuts. I know this, because the skateboard that was in the box was insulated in one-free-dozen-donuts coupons, instead of packing material.

Instead of using bubble wrap for the ends of the skateboard, he had a box of checkbook sized packs of the same coupons.

I ended up with about $500 worth of free donuts, which is cool... until you realize... you are responsible for $500 worth of donuts.

I talked to him about it and apparently it was a gift from his boss, who was just going to give them away at a company party, but nobody working for Krispy Kreme wants free f-n' donuts.

So, I became the sneaker pimp of Krispy Kremes for about 3 months, until I had to start giving away booklets of the coupons, because I couldn't take it anymore.

It was like that movie Blow, with Johnny Depp, about cocaine... only it was Donuts by the dozen, three at a time (limit)... We had donut fights... If I could have had Martin Scorsese follow me around with a camera and Johnny Depp narrating, the stunts we pulled, barter trades made on craigslist and the other nonsense we hashed out involving pastries could have won an Oscar.

I'm not sayin' people have to give hundreds of dollars worth of sugary fat to make this fun, but I'll never forget the random insane amount of fun we had, trying to get creative with those things.

It certainly got me excited for giving gifts, that year and cranked up my creativity volume.

That is hilarious!!

Ok There maybe mess ups by me cuz i aint ever done this before i want to give some thing back to yall for all the friendship and help you all have gave me so bare with me if i mess up some how .

Ok There maybe mess ups by me cuz i aint ever done this before i want to give some thing back to yall for all the friendship and help you all have gave me so bare with me if i mess up some how .

Dart Doctor, if you PM Joeychgo he will make this thread a sticky. He will also send out a site wide PM to everyone with the link to this thread and your PM info. I will send you a PM with my info also, so you can count me in.
Like I said in the other thread. I just don't have time this year to run it. Thanks again for keeping the torch burning.

I didnt go back to the old thread after i said i would do it lol Sorry my friend . Your more then welcome . maybe next year you will have more time . I will do my best to keep what you started going . rest Ez

Why can't our brothers/sisters from another continent participate? I know the gift would take forever to send/receive. I'm just curious, not criticizing. My apologies if I come across as negative

Im down for doing this, this year! I've been burned also on other forums, but I enjoy sending the stuff out to people. Looking forward to playing along this year!!

-
Back