Factory Duster 340 stripe question

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
For those with factory 340 Duster side stripes (71-72) I need to know if the side stripe is just below the body line but at the line, or 1/4" below, or what? Anyone help me out?

Hey 70Duster440,on My 72 340 Duster my stripes are right at the body line,

There is a picture thread on Darts, Dusters and Demons, from about a week or so ago. In that thread, my 1971 factory Duster 340 is shown with the proper side and rear transverse stripes on the trunk / tailights panel.
Some other factory 340 Dusters are shown in that thread for comparison.

I've attached some older pictures of my car, and a picture of the 1971 Duster 340 factory brochure / cover.

Note the position of the side stripes on the pictures of showing either side of the car with the doors open. The side stripes at that point on the side of the car are right at the body line.

Hope these pictures answer some of your questions.

I can measure the exact location of the side stripes on my car and post those results later this evening, if these pictures don't provide enough detail.

Mvc613f.jpg

Mvc606f.jpg

Mvc603f.jpg

Mvc608f.jpg

Mvc610f.jpg

yeah the top of the stripe runs right on the bodyline. when i did my duster i did the door stripe first and then the front fender, and then the quarter, that seemed to work for me. good luck!!

sc006362f6.jpg

For some reason the 1971 Duster 340 brochure cover did not upload so I'll attempt that with this message.

I just found the answer!

The 1971 Duster 340 cover car is too large of a file to be attached to this message.

Ouch!

Thanks for all the responses and pictures guys. I appreciate it.

You've confirmed what I thought but when I saw a picture with the stripe well below the body line I started second guessing.

-
Back