Fair value for 73-76 spool mount v8 k frame

-

1973dust

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to get a fair price for the k-frame I have. Don't want to give it away or rip anyone off.

DSC05284.JPG

DSC05285.JPG

DSC05286.JPG

When I sold them at swap meets, I'd get between $100 and $125.
NOW that Schumaker seems to be pulling back from making the engine swap mounts, the price of these might go UP.

The 73 and newer is far more desirable if you are doing a BB swap. I'd go at least 150$ for it.

A question for the BB gurus please. I'm looking at this K-frame to put in a 69 Dart with Schumacher conversion mounts. I think it will fit and work just fine, can anyone confirm this?

A question for the BB gurus please. I'm looking at this K-frame to put in a 69 Dart with Schumacher conversion mounts. I think it will fit and work just fine, can anyone confirm this?
This is a bolt in piece for you 69' Dart. WITH the Schumacher mounts.

This is a bolt in piece for you 69' Dart. WITH the Schumacher mounts.

Don’t they have conversion mounts for biscuit V-8 K-members and /6 k-members?

I why would you go outta your way to buy a k-member you still have to buy conversion mount to?

I’m not up to speed with the conversion mount offerings

Your'e welcome, My fathers 69' Dart that my younger brother now owns is the reciepient of that type of installation.

Don’t they have conversion mounts for biscuit V-8 K-members and /6 k-members?

I why would you go outta your way to buy a k-member you still have to buy conversion mount to?

They do have biscuit mount conversions. I've been picking brains all over the place, because I want to a Big Block Dart. Stuffing a BB in a Dart means fitment issues, it's tight. Many have said the 73-76 K-frame and steering is the way to go, and yes that means you also need conversion mounts.

This is one of those things that doesn't exactly make economic sense. I could do a SB and get pretty similar performance at a much lower price. And much easier too. But I want a Big Block Dart so I'm willing to jump through the hoops to get there.

The newer style is lighter than the old style (think bigger motor install in LIGHTER car) more of a drag car thing.
I have not yet weighed one but definatly can say that pick them both up and there is a difference.
Looks like I will have to scale each of them and post results. TOMORROW.
Last thing- the spool mounts seem to hold up longer than the biscuit type in rubber form-NON solid mounts.

They do have biscuit mount conversions. I've been picking brains all over the place, because I want to a Big Block Dart. Stuffing a BB in a Dart means fitment issues, it's tight. Many have said the 73-76 K-frame and steering is the way to go, and yes that means you also need conversion mounts.

This is one of those things that doesn't exactly make economic sense. I could do a SB and get pretty similar performance at a much lower price. And much easier too. But I want a Big Block Dart so I'm willing to jump through the hoops to get there.

You can get 73-76 steering geometry by just buying a 73-76 centerlink. 73-76 centerlink is same for /6 or V8. Don’t need the whole K-member to get that.

Then you buy the 73-76 idler arm, you will have to anyways. If you have small output shaft power steering or manual steering you buy a 73-76 manual steering pitman arm.

If you are going to use a large output spline power steering box, you buy a 73-76 power steering pitman.

-
Back