Fall Fling XVI Show/Swap Sat. October 15, 2011 Roll Call

-
Hey guys I have a quick question about the show/swap meet (being it's my first mopar show)

I am on the hunt for a car. will the prices be over inflated. I've been to a few VW and chevy swap meets and it seems the people at the shows inflate their prices pretty significantly.. is it the case at this one?

Thanks guys..

I'm dying to get another A-Body :thumrigh:

Hey guys I have a quick question about the show/swap meet (being it's my first mopar show)

I am on the hunt for a car. will the prices be over inflated. I've been to a few VW and chevy swap meets and it seems the people at the shows inflate their prices pretty significantly.. is it the case at this one?

Thanks guys..

I'm dying to get another A-Body :thumrigh:

You're probably not going to find a Hemi 'Cuda running for $8,000. :p

Last show, A totally sweet 68 Dart GTS with original burgandy paint, very orignal motor, console, bucket seats, nice interior, all nubmers including buildsheet, totally not messed with, ran but not 100% driver reliable (brakes? tuneup? from sitting) sold for $8500.

There are plenty of cars bought here for good deal. Probably not steals, but good deals.

You never know what could happen. You go to event like this in your back door to create your own oppurtunities and luck.

People come from all over North America to buy cars here. You are 30 miles away.

Get here at 6:00 am to 6:30am. More like daybreak to get the deals. On average, I don't think there is another event/gathering/swap/show within 1,000 miles that will give you a better oppurtunity for a good deal on a vintage Mopar.

I know that is bias comming from me. But I hear what people that knowledgably and regularly hunt for Mopar cars and parts say.

wellll dang!!!!! i dunno if i am going.........ill be driving from 5 hours away....my vehicle last time took 3 tanks of gas round trip, about 150 bucks.....plus a hotel about 100 bucks cuz my gf and baby would come along!! :):):) I REALLY wanna go but.............limited funds! should i go anyway? i wanna have a good time and i always do at the spring/fall flings!!! either way, my lady is down to go...lol...IF we went, we'd have to leave tomorrow at around 10 AM.............should i make the trek?? i aint got nothing else to do this saturday.............

You're probably not going to find a Hemi 'Cuda running for $8,000. :p

Last show, A totally sweet 68 Dart GTS with original burgandy paint, very orignal motor, console, bucket seats, nice interior, all nubmers including buildsheet, totally not messed with, ran but not 100% driver reliable (brakes? tuneup? from sitting) sold for $8500.

There are plenty of cars bought here for good deal. Probably not steals, but good deals.

You never know what could happen. You go to event like this in your back door to create your own oppurtunities and luck.

People come from all over North America to buy cars here. You are 30 miles away.

Get here at 6:00 am to 6:30am. More like daybreak to get the deals. On average, I don't think there is another event/gathering/swap/show within 1,000 miles that will give you a better oppurtunity for a good deal on a vintage Mopar.

I know that is bias comming from me. But I hear what people that knowledgably and regularly hunt for Mopar cars and parts say.

Awesome! well thanks for the heads up on what to expect. I am looking at getting in there around 6am. Granted I wish I had the 8k to drop on that kind of deal.. Granted I only have about half that to spend lololol

I'll be there passing out show flyers for our Inland Mopars "Mopars In May" show in 2012. Don't toss the flyers without giving it a read! We've got something a little different on tap for you.
Say "Hi" if you see me wandering around with a bunch of flyers.

Just a reminder, I'll be the guy in the "Inland Mopars" t-shirt wandering around distributing flyers for our all-Mopar car show in May 2012. Stop me and say "Hi".

It looks like I will be going on the way back from Lompoc to hemet (via Santa Paula Airport). Cool. Probably won't be there till after noon but still looking forward to it. Gonna be the highlite of my trip out here visiting the folks. Will look for a FABO banner.

Since I will be stopping at Santa Paula Airport to get some shirts - if you see a older short haired tall guy with a shirt with an upside down airplane and the words "I have a new attitude" on the back it is probably me. That plane is the "air" in airwoofer.

A man can have more than one toy...

Airwoofer - Did you ever make it the the Far Western Tavern in Guadalupe for steak?
I'll be on the lookout for that upside down airplane t-shirt at the Fling.

I went but didnt find my next project. I did see a sign for a 71 Demon project car but it didnt list a phone number and the people around were busy talking to others and I didnt want to interupt. I found it strange they had a bunch of parts and didnt bother bringing the car. :wack:
On the other hand I meet a few FABO members (im terrible with names sorry) and got my first taste of SoCal livin when I saw Jay Leno. Pretty nice show and if anyone knows anything about the Demon let me know im still interested.
Curtis

cdw....ya gotta do Spring Fling. It has a larger attendance by cars, swappers, vendors, and gawkers. It runs for two days at the park. Three days if you count the Friday cruise.

-
Back