Fan motor doesn’t fit behind the big block valve covers

-
Do you have the Auto zone link for the part. Could help others along. :thumbsup:
Actually it is Advance Auto Parts (parts suppliers are different in the USA). I don’t want to provide a part number until I get the heater box and set it up. I could be leading someone (including myself) down the wrong path. In short, it’s an educated guess, and not a true fact at this point. Hahaha

I didn’t mention it was an A/C car because I am specifically looking for a shorter motor. I stumbled across an old article from “halifaxhops” who used a direct replacement shorter fan motor and showed pics of the fan motor nicely behind the valve cover. He made reference to “New Universal Products” Part number “AH451” but I can’t find it. I sent a message but he may not be active. I think the post was around 2016. Sorry for the confusion Ron D
AH451 is available through Vander Haags. Cheapest I have found. Motor is significantly shorter than factory,measures roughly 2-1/2” long.
Andy

I helped a friend of mine put a 440 in a Duster with factory air and we modified the valve cover on the back corner by cuttting about an inch diameter section out of it and turning it upside down and welding it back. Wouldn't look so good if you're going with aluminum finned valve covers but it worked well with steel ones.

-
Back