Fan shroud bolts

-

Peter L

Reaction score
Hi guys. Installing a new fan shroud on my '69 Barracuda. It was missing when I got the car. The clips are still on the rad, but I need the correct size bolts. The threaded clips look pretty small, like maybe a #10 or 12 machine screw. Can anyone tell me the correct size thread pitch for this application?
Thanks, Pete.

I installed a repop shroud on a parts store 22" radiator this weekend and it used 3/4" #10 machine screws.

10-24 or 10-32?
I don't want to say I'm positive they were 10-24, because as soon as I do I will be wrong. I've got more of the same in the package in the garage and will try to remember to look at that when I'm in the garage in an hour or two and report back..

Seem to be #8, #10 were too big, would not even start. The #8 32 I had started but stopped a thread or 2 in. I did not have a #8 20? 24? to try

This is what the kit I bought says.

Screenshot_20220622-101003.png

I don't know if the clips on my rad are OEM or not.

Clips on rad look like this.
Screenshot_20220622-101220.png

The ones in the kit look like this
Screenshot_20220622-101252.png

I can say one thing... Be sure the bolts are short enough, on my rad there are tubes directly under where the screws go and if they were too long they would crush / damage / pierce the tude

Last edited:
Seem to be #8, #10 were too big, would not even start. The #8 32 I had started but stopped a thread or 2 in. I did not have a #8 20? 24? to try

This is what the kit I bought says.

View attachment 1715945431

I don't know if the clips on my rad are OEM or not.

Clips on rad look like this.
View attachment 1715945429
The ones in the kit look like this
View attachment 1715945430

I can say one thing... Be sure the bolts are short enough, on my rad there are tubes directly under where the screws go and if they were too long they would crush / damage / pierce the tude
On my rad, there isn't enough room for the first clip type to fit between the frame and the core. Only the flat ones would work, and they have to be short or you'll end up cutting them to length.

-
Back