Fan shroud questions.

-
I have plenty to do and re-do. I am happy with my metal shroud and it works really well. Had I seen your thread first though----
Right now I am lazer-focused on restoring my grille. It will not be stock looking when I finish with it. It is time to install the front end and the grille is first up-----
How i wish i was as far along as you. Yes the grilles take a lot of time. I have to redo mine as well. I have everything in good shape except for a drivers side headlamp door. Been looking forever for a good one i can restore. By the time i find one they will have repops for a mega million dollars.

Fitted my hyundai overflow bottle the other day. Fits well. Horn is too close, i will modify the radiator support and move it over

20161030_141954.jpg

20161030_142128.jpg

20161030_142516.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-30-15-38-18.jpg

Thanks Junior340. I still need to drill for my shroud alignment pins and put them in, and figure out how i am going to route the hose to my overflow bottle. The overflow bottle fitting on the radiator neck points to the drivers side. I am concidering unscrewing it, and plugging the hole, then redrilling and tapping the neck to put the hose fitting on the passenger side. A different idea would be to bend an aluminum hard line that will make a 180 and head to the bottle, then put rubber hose ends connecting it all up, but that may look hokey to me, and bother me if i did it that way.

Thanks,

Also added a 1" spacer i made from square tubing to move the overflow bottle up, and back slightly for my overflow tube to be centered on the radiator tank, and run straight across. Still need to add another rivnut for the square tube mount in the frame.

20161123_173055.jpg

20161123_173104.jpg

20161123_173119.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is an older thread but thanks for sharing the link AND your own build. Gives me some ideas on how to approach building one for my radiator. Although I have an electric fan so my build may differ significantly. Any who, awesome work and craftsmanship. I love little details like you making the necessary adjustments to move the overflow tank to have the hose centered.

I know this is an older thread but thanks for sharing the link AND your own build. Gives me some ideas on how to approach building one for my radiator. Although I have an electric fan so my build may differ significantly. Any who, awesome work and craftsmanship. I love little details like you making the necessary adjustments to move the overflow tank to have the hose centered.
Thanks. Its the details that drive me nuts LOL. I cant wait to pull it all pack apart and paint everything up

-
Back