Fast ETs Using a Dual plane ( BB & SB )

-
I've seen 10's with factory cast dual planes. Stock eliminators mostly. I've personally been 12's with a LD340 and a eddy rpm (non air gap). There was more in them but they were very mild builds

Haven’t actually paid any attention to dual plane cars at the track ! I don’t why ! They run extremely well ! I just don’t know times ! Seen some dyno’s that have had dual plane manifold in the 600 hp range and 650 tq !! I’ll bet there are some extremely fast dual plane cars out there ! Good question Sir ! You have me wondering how fast now !! I ask a question about how fast can /6 run !! There are bad to the bone /6 ! cars out there !

Just look into some of the stock eliminator stuff. They have some pretty tight restrictions. I think the LD340 is the weapon of choice there for small blocks and the DP4B for low decks and the CH4B for tall decks. All of those were available over the counter with Chrysler part numbers, so they are allowed in stock eliminator.

Haven’t actually paid any attention to dual plane cars at the track ! I don’t why ! They run extremely well ! I just don’t know times ! Seen some dyno’s that have had dual plane manifold in the 600 hp range and 650 tq !! I’ll bet there are some extremely fast dual plane cars out there ! Good question Sir ! You have me wondering how fast now !! I ask a question about how fast can /6 run !! There are bad to the bone /6 ! cars out there !
Thank u
Im forced to run one for my build and never thought of such on top of a Serious strip motor !!

If you need a dual plane, then the rpm-ag is it. Unless otherwise restricted by class….

No single plane
Yes! I understand that already! Got it! Roger that! Next!
Dual plane only
Divider can be cut out
Floor cant be modified
Yes! Got it. I understand! We’re going around in circles here!!!!!!

Read carefully… again…. Is any dual plane OK?

Im asking, must you use a stock dual plane intake?
Can you use an after market intake?
Must it be era correct? As in regulated by class rules.
Example, “Must use available intakes no later than 1975”

Yes! I understand that already! Got it! Roger that! Next!

Yes! Got it. I understand! We’re going around in circles here!!!!!!

Read carefully… again…. Is any dual plane OK?

Im asking, must you use a stock dual plane intake?
Can you use an after market intake?
Must it be era correct? As in regulated by class rules.
Example, “Must use available intakes no later than 1975”
Any dual plane
Accepted yes
Oem or aftermarket

Any dual plane
Accepted yes
Oem or aftermarket

Air Gap all the way.....OR.....does Indy offer a dual plane intake? What are your head limitations? Can you run W2s? They made dual planes for those.

Air Gap all the way.....OR.....does Indy offer a dual plane intake? What are your head limitations? Can you run W2s? They made dual planes for those.
Thank you
No air gap of any type
I bought the best modern ( NEW ) RPM and it was professionally ported and inboard ( 4 ) bolt holes welded up and converted to W2 bolt pattern since my unique heads are the same we are also allowed up to a 1" spacer under carb.

FB_IMG_1617583243962.jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-03-21-40-24.jpg

Thank you
No air gap of any type
I bought the best modern ( NEW ) RPM and it was professionally ported and inboard ( 4 ) bolt holes welded up and converted to W2 bolt pattern since my unique heads are the same we are also allowed up to a 1" spacer under carb.

View attachment 1715768372

View attachment 1715768373

Ok cool so that's the one Jerry did. So.....stop all the mystery. WHAT CLASS racing are you doing? lol

Has anyone used an oil shield under the intake before?

I have a 410 aluminum w2 heads. I didn't build it to race. Just used some left over parts from another life. I installed the ported a single plane intake that was with the heads that I bought when I was racing.
ted2.JPG
using 3.23's for the street. I put on a dual plane W2 manifold with way small ports. I took the car to Vegas for the Mopar show. It blew my mind when it turned 106 and 12.37 after getting 15 MPG driving to Vegas. It has a mild cam. I figure that it should turn low 12's with a higher stall converter or some 3.91's. I'll turn 80 on 9/26. I'd like to sell it unless I get a new body. The attached photo is from 2008. If you are interested I live in Carson City but I can get to Vegas where my racing buddy lives

Attachments

• FC_book2.pdf
    955.1 KB · Views: 108
Just look into some of the stock eliminator stuff. They have some pretty tight restrictions. I think the LD340 is the weapon of choice there for small blocks and the DP4B for low decks and the CH4B for tall decks. All of those were available over the counter with Chrysler part numbers, so they are allowed in stock eliminator.
All SB mopar edelbrock intakes were Banned by NHRA in December 2019.

Prior to that For stock eliminator the 1965 273 for many years could use the edelbrock with the part number on it. There was minimal grumbling from the Chevy crowd. Then the LD340 was approved and there was more grumbling from the Chevy crowd. Because those 340 dusters are in the classes with all the small block 67-70 Camaro’s. Lots and lots of them camaros racing and they always cry like 2 year olds about the 340 mopars needing to add weight.

The BB edelbrock with factory part number CH4B and DP4B were never approved by NHRA in modern times.

Now the reason they were made with part numbers Is so they could be used for this when they came out, Like early 70’s, but I don’t know specific details on that.

Last edited:
All SB mopar edelbrock intakes were NHRA banned about 2 years ago. Prior to that For stock eliminator the 1965 273 for many years could use the edelbrock with the part number on it. There was minimal grumbling from the Chevy crowd. Then the LD340 was approved and there was more grumbling from the Chevy crowd. Because those 340 dusters are in the classes with all the small block 67-70 Camaro’s. Lots and lots of them camaros racing and they always cry like 2 year olds about the 340 mopars needing to add weight.

The BB edelbrock with factory part number CH4B and DP4B were never approved by NHRA in modern times.

Now the reason they were made with part numbers Is so they could be used for this when they came out, Like early 70’s, but I don’t know specific details on that.
Good info
Thank u

-
Back