Fast idle issuse

-

ramman7284

Reaction score
Just had a Holley double pumper rebuilt put it on got the engine fired up and engine revs high I played with fuel mixture timing and idle screw but wnt drop until I hold the choke flap closed then it idles lower I didn't notice a little bit of play in base plate let me no wat u guys think it might be

Alright I've got another question then I found my secondary butterflies aren't shutting all the way that would cause it to rev up and sit bout 2000rpms

Alright I've got another question then I found my secondary butterflies aren't shutting all the way that would cause it to rev up and sit bout 2000rpms

Oh yea, that'd do it.
Look for a bent or binding linkage somewhere in the line.

check and see how much play in the bottom plate, the secondaires my be sticking on the houseing . check the linkage not sure what else to tell you i think you start buy tuning the carb turn and a half is what i think it was but it has been a long time. hope this helps.

I was told to spray wd on it and see if they free up but I'm gona try to clean it cause I seen a lil bit of crap right around the shaft

May i make a suggestion. If you haven't done it already, and there truly is movement between the carb body and baseplate, please pull it, turn it over (be prepared for the fuel to drain out) and make sure there are no loose baseplate screws in a position to fall down the intake and make mincemeat out of a valve and or a piston top.

May i make a suggestion. If you haven't done it already, and there truly is movement between the carb body and baseplate, please pull it, turn it over (be prepared for the fuel to drain out) and make sure there are no loose baseplate screws in a position to fall down the intake and make mincemeat out of a valve and or a piston top.

It's actually movement on the throttle shaft but its not much movement enough for me to question it

-
Back