FAST schedule for 2022

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
AC8D3A26-4DFE-4606-9C2F-67713A7CB44E.png

They will be at the NMCA event at my home track. I plan to race in it this year. Bracket and maybe Open Comp.
Late July

So the Martin race? I ran open comp in addition to FAST at Indy for some extra runs. They qualify by reaction time and there was 65 cars in the class. I cut a .017 light so I check the qualifying order. 18!!!! There were 4 or 5 .000’s!!! Funny I got paired with another FAST car out of 65 cars who runs 10.00’s but has a love hate relationship with the tree. :) got by him and got my clock cleaned in the second round. It was fun and will probably run the class again.

So the Martin race? I ran open comp in addition to FAST at Indy for some extra runs. They qualify by reaction time and there was 65 cars in the class. I cut a .017 light so I check the qualifying order. 18!!!! There were 4 or 5 .000’s!!! Funny I got paired with another FAST car out of 65 cars who runs 10.00’s but has a love hate relationship with the tree. :) got by him and got my clock cleaned in the second round. It was fun and will probably run the class again.

yea, I will be at Martin for that one!
Live 30 minutes from the track

I was sorting something out, so I kept getting quicker in qualifying my last qual run was 11.89 so they gave me a 11.79 dial which the car can’t run in that heat. I was a sitting duck. My only hope was I was the slowest car in the class and I hoped they would get flustered with me being so far out. Wishful thinking!:)

I was sorting something out, so I kept getting quicker in qualifying my last qual run was 11.89 so they gave me a 11.79 dial which the car can’t run in that heat. I was a sitting duck. My only hope was I was the slowest car in the class and I hoped they would get flustered with me being so far out. Wishful thinking!:)

need to sandbag in the qualifying shots so your dial works

49900766-44D6-441F-8FDF-DFDF03493480.jpeg
A gentlemen with MUCH better eyes recognized the black duster as his old car. Its still around the Northeast I think, but not running in FAST now.

Video, walked out of my life!! Different class though.
p

37399F7D-68DA-452E-B824-7B30585AB3E6.png
I think that was the “pulling my hair out years!” It would get lazy up in the rpm. Thought it was fuel supply, ended up being hydr lifter collapsing. Solid flat tappet to the rescue! Still lost more than I won to that duster! He move on to this.

View attachment 1715864415 I think that was the “pulling my hair out years!” It would get lazy up in the rpm. Thought it was fuel supply, ended up being hydr lifter collapsing. Solid flat tappet to the rescue! Still lost more than I won to that duster! He move on to this.
That charger is
View attachment 1715864415 I think that was the “pulling my hair out years!” It would get lazy up in the rpm. Thought it was fuel supply, ended up being hydr lifter collapsing. Solid flat tappet to the rescue! Still lost more than I won to that duster! He move on to this.
Hope all goes well this year!

Thanks, Tom was running 11.7-11.8’s and I was 12.15’s then. When it was a stick I had a chance, when he went auto, not so much. He sold it before I got in the 11’s. That car was the perfect package to get into this style of racing. Less than $20,000 gets you into the 11’s in a low maintenance fun car. Nothing exotic.

7764FDA9-EECC-4393-BEB9-823F72104BC6.jpeg
A picture of the hydra mat, as long as one corner is in fuel it will draw fuel.

Wish there was a class of racing similar to that out here in the Midwest, would love to build a car to run in that type platform.

It is the 8”x15” cross with the fitting in the middle. I pulled the tank out of the car and removed the sender. I cut the sock off the sender. Then attached the magnets to the mat. I rolled up the mat short wings and slid it through the fuel filler hole in the tank. Holding the fitting on the mat so it sticks back out of the tank. Then I screwed the 90 deg fitting into it and attached the rubber line to it. It would not go through the hole with the 90 deg fitting already attached to it. I tied a string to the other end of the rubber hose and fished it through the tank sender hole. Attached it to the cut sender tube and reinstalled the sender. A couple of things, the rubber hose HAS to be fuel submersible hose. I used about 2-3 feet. Enough so it comes off the sender and makes a lazy arc out to the drivers side of the tank and back to the 90 deg fitting. The rubber hose is $100!!! Before I reinstalled the sender I used a stick of wood to push the magnets into place. Use something else. I had to get some saw dust out of the tank from were the stick rubbed on the opening. No big deal just annoying. Also, if you are planning on running it low like I do, I would bend the float arm so it sits on the bottom of the tank. Mine sits 3/4” off the floor. So it doesn’t start to register until the tank has 3-4 gallons in it. I know when the needle moves at all I’m good to go. If it doesn’t move add a gallon. I went slow and it was pretty easy to get it in the tank. Plus the filler hole is rounded over. Less chance of tearing it. I used to have to run 5/8 of a tank of fuel. Now 4ish gallons. 50-60 lbs of fuel out of the car. Also when you run as little fuel as I do don’t be surprised if you go and try and start the car after it has sat for a week and it won’t start. Shake the car to wet the mat. I think over a week it will SLOWLY drain the fuel out of the mat and it will suck air. Get the mat wet and all is good. The mat uses fuel surface tension to seal the area not submerged in fuel.

6C83D3B1-0FF3-47C9-94F3-025CC10414B0.png
Sorry, the fitting is on the end! Let me search my orders to get part number, this is it. Not cheap, but worth it for me.

Last edited:
-
Back