Fastback barracuda rear quarter window install.

-

Buford19

Reaction score
Can a person install the rear quarter glass, before felts? Is there a particular order that the glass and hardware have to follow to install? If so, what is the proper sequence to follow.

Can a person install the rear quarter glass, before felts? Is there a particular order that the glass and hardware have to follow to install? If so, what is the proper sequence to follow.

Here's a brief description of how I did it.
1. install window regulator . Make sure you tape up every where around the window opening in the quarter panel first as you will definitely scratch the paint if not very careful!!

Be forewarned. This is the worst part of this task so take your time!!

2. install the felts next . They are much easier to maneuver and lock in place with the glass out.

3. Drop the glass into the regulator and secure with the bolts that you took out when you disassembled it.

How did you go with them? I know how hard they are to do in the Charger. Still can't get them to line up properly either. Also I used the cat whisker type and not the windscreen wiper rubber type, makes a difference. Use silicon spray to finish off and lubricate it, just check if the window tint is OK with it if you have it.

How did you go with them? I know how hard they are to do in the Charger. Still can't get them to line up properly either. Also I used the cat whisker type and not the windscreen wiper rubber type, makes a difference. Use silicon spray to finish off and lubricate it, just check if the window tint is OK with it if you have it.
Still haven’t even started them. Ran into a few hick ups install the new engine. Now dealing with steering issues ,and power steering pump. Mopar power steering pump produces too much psi for my power rack. Still making headway on the project, taking longer then I would like.

A6F4C314-DC6A-4DDA-B982-A3D04177390B.jpeg

E0C71EF3-880A-417A-83D6-348D7F3D0F7D.jpeg

16DDCDC8-BEE2-41BE-9DD6-C63C5E40530B.jpeg

-
Back