Fat Motor Progress...

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Some of you were genuinely interested in my Chevy fat motor build. Here is some more progress. I got the heads built and springs set up. Put the heads on tonight. It's kinda gettin sexy.

FATMOTOR1.jpg

FATMOTOR2.jpg

I love Mopar, Chevy and Ford....that's beautiful!
Any more details? ??

Jeff

I love Mopar, Chevy and Ford....that's beautiful!
Any more details? ??

Jeff

An honest measured 10.2:1, the biggest Thumpr hydraulic flat tappet cam (LOL) HV oil pump, 063 closed chamber heads. Cam is 6* advanced. I did that because the duration is pretty fat.

It's this one:

COMP Cams Thumpr Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts 11-602-4

I have a vintage Edelbrock twisted Torker2-O for it and a 3310 750. WIth a BIG tube header, it'll make 425HP fallin outta bed. It'll be a real hoot. I love the bottom end torque the big Chevys have.

Is that the one where the guy was throwing a hissy fit?

Seems to be coming together nicely, any ideas what your going to put it in?

Is that the one where the guy was throwing a hissy fit?

Seems to be coming together nicely, any ideas what your going to put it in?

No. This is the one I got to replace that one. His was cracked in three places.

427 would be close. Have not seen the canted manifold before. Makes sense.

427 would be close. Have not seen the canted manifold before. Makes sense.

I believe ha was referring to physical size, especially the cylinder heads. I could have misunderstood.

I was writing that before your 402 response. Curios about that manifold though.

It's an old Torker 2-O. It's old school. The theory was that it lined the carburetor barrels up better with the intake runners. They actually worked pretty well. I chose it because this is a late 60s early 70s build style and it fits the bill.

That has Tim Taylor written all over it. More power!

It's an old Torker 2-O. It's old school. The theory was that it lined the carburetor barrels up better with the intake runners. They actually worked pretty well. I chose it because this is a late 60s early 70s build style and it fits the bill.
Made me think of the old staggered height mechanical fuel injection stacks.

Hey Rusty what you paint intake and valve covers with? Curious since I plan to paint my intake to avoid stains.

I always liked those intakes too, and wondered why we didn`t see more of them for diff. engines. Seems like a good idea to me !

-
Back