Father, Son, and Grand Father project. 1963 Valiant

-
Engine compartment waxed and ready to receive the power plant……once we finish assembling it. Lol.

IMG_3833.JPG

I would put the steering column in before the motor.
To save you guys some aggravation.

Had a very productive day today. It's spring break, so me and Jason (@Prorac2) took advantage of the time off.

First we got the exhaust manifold bolts cleaned and painted that @cosgig sent us. Thanks again pal!

IMG_3845.JPG

Than we assembled the rest of the valve train and lubed it up. It went smoothly.

IMG_3848.JPG

Next we added oil and filter and a temporary oil pressure guage. We were rewarded with a solid 60-65 psi and got REALLY good oil flow to the top end when positioning the crankshaft at the feed location for each bank.

Than we continued on with general assembly. Exhaust manifolds, fuel pump, crank pulley, dipstick tube, etc. It went pretty well and looks amazing

IMG_3849.JPG

IMG_3850.JPG

Thanks for reading. Eric and jason.

You can just hook the column up to the steering box, and wire the rest in place.
I would not want to deal with the coupler with a motor and exhaust manifold in it.

You can just hook the column up to the steering box, and wire the rest in place.
I would not want to deal with the coupler with a motor and exhaust manifold in it.

That's a good point. We may have to add that to our to do list for Sunday. We can wire it up to hold it. Thanks again. Eric

VERY productive day today!

Finished up installing intake, lubing cam and valvetrain, and installing flexplate and mounts.

And the engine was ready to install!

IMG_3863.JPG

We also took the good advice we were given and installed the steering column. Worked out great. Only trick was to get the manifold around the column but that was cake. Thanks again.

It went fairly well. All the prep work paid off and the engine slid right into place.

The trans (TF727) was a tight tight fit. Lol. But we got it slipped in and bolted up without to much trouble.

We still have a lot of small things to button up on the install and decided to call it a night.

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

Thanks for following along. Enjoy. Eric and Jason.

Looks good in there, make sure you use a regulator with that fuel pump.

Looks good in there, make sure you use a regulator with that fuel pump.

Yeah. I was on the fence about that. It's only suppose to put out 6-7 psi, but you know how ratings go. Lol. It's the 110 GPH pump

Every one I have used needed one.

Thank you so much for all of the help with the engine internals. We couldn't do this without guys like you. Thanks.

Honestly, I didn't do anything. I just gave what I felt were "decent" recommendations and yall did all the work. I do want to hear it run though.

Honestly, I didn't do anything. I just gave what I felt were "decent" recommendations and yall did all the work. I do want to hear it run though.

Yeah. We're really hoping it will run also. Lol. But if it dosent……it will look really nice not running. Lol.

We received some more parts in the mail, and made some more progress.

We finished installing the alternator. Installed the fan, and belt. And installed the thermostat, water neck and hoses.

We also threw the spark plugs in it.

IMG_3925.JPG
IMG_3926.JPG

Most of our rear axle and suspension parts came in also. So soon we can turn the car around and finish the 8.8 swap and disk brakes.

Thanks for reading. Eric

IMG_3942.JPG

Returns pop cans to buy tires?

#racecarlife. Lol

And just for reference.

The vehicle is a suburban

And that's $90 in cans. Lol

Very productive day today!

We got the new front wheels and tires on the car. They really look great on there.

IMG_3958.JPG

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

After we buttoned up the front end of the car, we turned it around and started on the rear axle and suspension.

We got it up in the air, and removed the rear axle, mounts, and springs.

IMG_3963.JPG

IMG_3964.JPG

IMG_3965.JPG

A very productive and fun day. All three of us had a great time.

We should be getting the rear tires mounted on Tuesday night. 275/60/15.

Thanks for reading. Eric and Jason

And Jason polished up one of my old wood steering wheels and claimed it as his own.

He did a great job as always!

IMG_3967.JPG
IMG_3968.JPG
IMG_3969.JPG

-
Back