Father's day ride

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
Me and my son got a chance to take the Duster out for a ride yesterday.We were on the freeway cruising about 80 on the freeway and a CHP (California Highway Patrol) gets up along side of us and motions us over. So here we are thinking he is going to give us a ticket for speeding ,exhaust and every thing else that he can think of. We pull off the freeway and he comes up to the window and simply tells us that he pulled us over to tell us what a sweet looking ride we have ,so we started talking for a few minutes. The last thing he tells us is "Oh yea ,you might want to slow down a little the next guy might not like Mopars." whew

Put a Nova together for my kid several years ago. Just had it inspected, and was on my way to the license bureau, when I got pulled over by a trooper. When he came up to the car, I tried to hand him my paper work showing I was legit. He told me he didn't want to see that, he wanted to see the car. Some cops are cool!

That happened to me when I had my '58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. A local cop came up behind me and pulled me over and I'm thinking WTF did I do? The first thing he said when he walked up to the car was that I wasn't in trouble. He also had a '58 Plymouth and just wanted to talk about them for a bit!

Guar -han--teeee ya ya don' wanna do that in Idaho. Do the CHP use RADAR nowadays? They did not when I was roamin' around there in the Navy in the '70's

It helps to be older and clean cut , believe me I drive cross country in my barracuda and I generally drive like I stole it , I get a lot of smiles and waves from the boys in blue the most I've gotten has been a slow down motion from time to time lol , when they pull up and want to just check out the car I offer up the keys to them to take her for a short burn , they always decline politely and thank me for the offer , word gets around and a little good will goes a long way sometimes eh .

-
Back