Federal Power Steering Pulley.

-

Joel Chapman

Reaction score
Does any one have a good lead on power steering pulleys? Mine is bent and there doesn’t seem to be an after market for these. It’s for a federal pump on a small block engine with AC in a 71 Dart. Mine seems to be bent just so slightly in one part.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9gp00BYVoVk?feature=share

148BFF94-861F-4DC5-924D-398D3A2497A2.jpeg

I've got a p/s pulley in the for sale section right now. Don't know if it would fit yours though. Take a look. It's a lot cheaper than the March piece and it's new and straight.

Nobody sells one for the Federal pump. I wound up swapping in a Saginaw pump. It works better anyway — responds better to quick left/right input.

I've got a p/s pulley in the for sale section right now. Don't know if it would fit yours though. Take a look. It's a lot cheaper than the March piece and it's new and straight.
Thank you but I think I have that one already as well and it doesn’t fit the shaft on the pump. It’s too lose.

Update…was able to bend the pulley back in enough to get it good enough. Also my screech at RPM was solved with a duralast belt and the new pump.

Glad you got it fixed.... So is your car in Idaho or Ca ? Cause if it continues to give you trouble I could chuck it in my lathe & probably tweak it straight pretty easily..

-
Back