Feed Back ratings

-

70dart340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know the moderators here are working their butts off, but in my opinion, it's way too difficult to leave feedback with the current system. The "URL" thing is too complicated for us old analog people. I've had several positive transactions with members in the past few months, but haven't figured out how to give them positive feedback. Can you make this simpler, please? Paul.

Last edited:
I know the moderators here are working their butts off, but in my opinion, it's way too difficult to leave feedback with the current system. The "URL" thing is to complicated for us old analog people. I've had several positive transactions with members in the past few months, but haven't figured out how to give them positive feedback. Can you make this simpler, please? Paul.
I can try. If you go to the thread where you made the deal, look under the person's avatar you made the deal with. Click on "add feedback" and half the work will be done for you. The web address of the deal will already be added to the feedback form. All you have to do is choose what type of feedback give a brief description and then the longer version and done.

I do agree though, it does seem like there could be a better way.

Thanks, Georgia, I'll try that. It seems easier than the current method. I've had several positive transactions with members here, but I didn't save the thread, or whatever nonsense is needed to easily leave feed back. Maybe you should be a moderator. I didn't mean to throw that in your lap, but now that I think about it, maybe we need a right leaning, southern moderator?

I know the moderators here are working their butts off, but in my opinion, it's way too difficult to leave feedback with the current system. The "URL" thing is too complicated for us old analog people. I've had several positive transactions with members in the past few months, but haven't figured out how to give them positive feedback. Can you make this simpler, please? Paul.

Its actually very simple -- Leaving Feedback after buying or selling to another member

I'll try that, but it seems a bit convoluted. I would think it would be easier to add positive ratings from the parties involved without jumping through hoops. Other members I've dealt with agree. If it was simpler, I would have left more positive votes for members I've dealt with. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm just trying to make it easier for members to leave ratings for transactions on this site. Please don't get me wrong, I'm a long time member, and I love this site. I've met some good friends from across the nation here, I'm just asking for an easier way to leave feedback. Don't forget us old members over 60 who grew up in the time of dial phones with cords, and tin foil on our rabbit ears anntennae.

Thanks, Georgia, I'll try that. It seems easier than the current method. I've had several positive transactions with members here, but I didn't save the thread, or whatever nonsense is needed to easily leave feed back. Maybe you should be a moderator. I didn't mean to throw that in your lap, but now that I think about it, maybe we need a right leaning, southern moderator?
I've thrown it by them a few times, but they're not having any of it. Heck, my thoughts were, as much as I'm on all the time, I could be a big help, but my past transgressions still haunt me, I guess.

Maybe you can write a sticky for us ignorant folks? Please?
Ignorant folks <SNORT> that's a goodun. Trust me, before I figured out the method I just outlined, I was like a blind drunk tryin to find his butt in the dark with both hands.

I'll try that, but it seems a bit convoluted. I would think it would be easier to add positive ratings from the parties involved without jumping through hoops. Other members I've dealt with agree. If it was simpler, I would have left more positive votes for members I've dealt with. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm just trying to make it easier for members to leave ratings for transactions on this site. Please don't get me wrong, I'm a long time member, and I love this site. I've met some good friends from across the nation here, I'm just asking for an easier way to leave feedback. Don't forget us old members over 60 who grew up in the time of dial phones with cords, and tin foil on our rabbit ears anntennae.
I've tried my bestest to make Joey understand before, that regardless of how "they" view it, it is somewhat convoluted. I'm not sure it's easy for Joey to understand that not everyone has the same in depth understanding he does of web sites. It's like a car guy trying to explain to someone completely foreign to cars how something on a car works. It just doesn't register. There's that, PLUS, I'm not sure there's anything within the parameters of the program that allows him to make it any "easier" or I think he would have tried by now. He is aware a lot of people do have issues with it. My problems is, while it may seem like I have lots of forum knowledge, I actually have the online prowess of a chimpanzee. If I could figure out how to make a how to video using pointers to show what all to click, I'd do it, but my stupid level is way too high for that.

It just now hit me that I have a video camera and it can shoot how to videos. LMAO SO I made a video on how to leave feedback. It's uploading to youtube now and I'll post a link when it's done. It's about 7 minutes long and looks like with my slow upload speed it's gonna take a couple of hours, but I'll post the link when it's done.

It just now hit me that I have a video camera and it can shoot how to videos. LMAO SO I made a video on how to leave feedback. It's uploading to youtube now and I'll post a link when it's done. It's about 7 minutes long and looks like with my slow upload speed it's gonna take a couple of hours, but I'll post the link when it's done.

send the link to me when you get it done

I've tried my bestest to make Joey understand before, that regardless of how "they" view it, it is somewhat convoluted. I'm not sure it's easy for Joey to understand that not everyone has the same in depth understanding he does of web sites. It's like a car guy trying to explain to someone completely foreign to cars how something on a car works. It just doesn't register. There's that, PLUS, I'm not sure there's anything within the parameters of the program that allows him to make it any "easier" or I think he would have tried by now. He is aware a lot of people do have issues with it. My problems is, while it may seem like I have lots of forum knowledge, I actually have the online prowess of a chimpanzee. If I could figure out how to make a how to video using pointers to show what all to click, I'd do it, but my stupid level is way too high for that.

Thank You, Joey, and that's not sarcastic. After a couple of times, I'll get it down.

-
Back