fender lights

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
could any one get me the stock location measurements for the top fender signal lights that were an option on 67-69 barracudas?

thanks, --------bob

The top mounted lights weren't available until 68 and they were on the hood, not on the fenders of Barracuda. If you are absolutely sure you want to cut holes in your hood, I can get measurements.

The top mounted lights weren't available until 68 and they were on the hood, not on the fenders of Barracuda. If you are absolutely sure you want to cut holes in your hood, I can get measurements.
all I`vew ever seen were(not many) were on the fenders---------bob

got any pics?

Should be plenty of pics in Ma Snarts 2nd Gen thread.
A bit of trivia for yoll
When the 68 models went into production Chrysler had decided to omit the 2 bulbs and sockets from the turn indicators of the instrument panel when the high mounted were present. Wasn't very long before those 2 indicator bulbs were added back to assembly. Too many customers returned to their dealership with a complaint.

Should be plenty of pics in Ma Snarts 2nd Gen thread.
A bit of trivia for yoll
When the 68 models went into production Chrysler had decided to omit the 2 bulbs and sockets from the turn indicators of the instrument panel when the high mounted were present. Wasn't very long before those 2 indicator bulbs were added back to assembly. Too many customers returned to their dealership with a complaint.

Is that only A bodies cause my dads 68 Charger has both hood mounted in the scallop and in the dash

Does this help any ? My wife's '68 'Cuda .

IMG_0221.jpg

Is that only A bodies cause my dads 68 Charger has both hood mounted in the scallop and in the dash
I typed Chrysler before meaning across the corperation but since you asked I am now questioning my memory. This is one of the things I learned from a trivia contest at a Mopar event ( like the Roadrunner is a girl. Her name is Mimi LOL ) Anyway... Omitting the dash indicator bulbs might have been limited to Dodge Dart only but in either case it didn't last very long. Build date would be the key.

i typed chrysler before meaning across the corperation but since you asked i am now questioning my memory. This is one of the things i learned from a trivia contest at a mopar event ( like the roadrunner is a girl. Her name is mimi lol ) anyway... Omitting the dash indicator bulbs might have been limited to dodge dart only but in either case it didn't last very long. Build date would be the key.
10/20/67

thanks for the info guys! now that I think about it, the one car I remember w/ the lights was a 68 fury 2 door hardtop 383 4 speed, belonged to my brother in law, he bought it shortly after I bought my 68 formula s. it didn`t have the fender lights, but I always wanted them after I saw his. I guess I`ll have to leave them out, or put them in the fenders as how it will have a fiberglass hood, I`m not going to use the stock hood, if anyone needs it--no rust new blue paint. that blue barracuda looks great! thanks, again.--------bob:cheers:

My Valiant has the things, they can be rather annoying to work with in the fender so trust me that they are better off on the hood. wouldnt be so bad if they were mounted from above not below.

-
Back