Fender tag decoding help

-

GJS440

Reaction score
good afternoon all, I’ve decoded most of my fender tag but i cant find any info on the very first top left code on my tag. The V1X code says (unknown) and the first code on the second line the C16 code says (unknown top color). It’s a 1969 Dodge Dart GTS with a couple pretty odd options. Anyone else have these codes that dont have information? Does Anyone have any info on this they could share please?

If someone could decode the whole tag I would much appreciate any help.

Thanks in Advance!
72035345-2D8D-4295-8FFD-D3BEE501A7DD.jpeg

If this post is in the wrong spot can a moderator move it please?

C16 - Center console.

V1X - Black boars grain vinyl top.

E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73

D21 Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual Transmission

LS23
L = Dodge Dart / Demon
S = Special
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

P98
P = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
9 = 1969
8 = Export

B7 Paint Code: Medium Blue Metallic

P6X
Trim Grade/Style/Color
P = Premium
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black

X9 Upper Door Frame: Unknown At This Time

313 Date Built: 3 / 13 / 1969

154408 Order Number: 154408

C16 Console w/ Buckets

C55 Bucket Seats

H25 Heater Delete

M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings

M25 Wide Sill Molding

R11 Music Master Radio AM

V1X Full Vinyl Top - Black

V88 Delete Transverse R/T Stripe

8 = Export
- that '8' is a B - Hamtramck assembly plant.

313 Date Built
- This is actually the SPD, Scheduled Production Date, the date they HOPED to build the car when the order was first entered into the system. Actual 'build days' were not recorded back then & lots of factors could lead to a car being built weeks before or after the SPD.

E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73

LS23
L = Dodge Dart / Demon
S = Special
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

P98
9 = 1969
8 = Export

P6X
Trim Grade/Style/Color
P = Premium
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black

C16 Console w/ Buckets

C55 Bucket Seats

H25 Heater Delete

M25 Wide Sill Molding

E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73

LS23
L = Dodge Dart / Demon
S = Special
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

P98
9 = 1969
8 = Export

P6X
Trim Grade/Style/Color
P = Premium
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X = Black

C16 Console w/ Buckets

C55 Bucket Seats

H25 Heater Delete

M25 Wide Sill Molding

so the P9B is actually P98? I heard the original owner was in the military and purchased the car and had it sent to Hawaii where he was stationed but wasn’t really sure what to believe. I’ve done a little research and found the only way to order an H25 code heater delete option was it had to be sent out of the country? Any info about that?

I have original build sheet as well, is this something that should be sent to Galen to decipher? Does anyone know of any other cars built with the heater delete? I know of 1 other and its just like my car but a big block car same color.

so the P9B is actually P98? I heard the original owner was in the military and purchased the car and had it sent to Hawaii where he was stationed but wasn’t really sure what to believe. I’ve done a little research and found the only way to order an H25 code heater delete option was it had to be sent out of the country? Any info about that?
Oh I think you could order pretty much any car with heater delete. Many cars sold in Arizona and New Mexico were delete cars. You see heater delete dash trim come up for sale occasionally for many models.

No the more I look at it, it's a "B". = Hamtramck assembly plant.

Oh I think you could order pretty much any car with heater delete. Many cars sold in Arizona and New Mexico were delete cars. You see heater delete dash trim come up for sale occasionally for many models.

So when i purchased this car from the guy before me 28 years ago he was blowing smoke up my tailpipe... i was only 20 years old back then. Guess i was a little naive.
just another mopar foke tale. Lol. Either way i love this car...

I have original build sheet as well, is this something that should be sent to Galen to decipher? Does anyone know of any other cars built with the heater delete? I know of 1 other and its just like my car but a big block car same color.

Save your money. There's enough information here, and on the web. You can do it yourself.

-
Back