fender tag question - '68 barracuda convertible

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
got a fender tag made and want it to look somewhat original - anyone know if it should match car color or what? Also what should screws look like - got to get some similar type at hardware - not after exact original = thanks

Every fender tag I’ve saved has shown at least traces of body color. The screws on the one on my wagon were little round head Phillips head and showed minute traces of white paint, which is the original color

Edit: where did you get your tag made? Got a picture of it?

got a fender tag made and want it to look somewhat original - anyone know if it should match car color or what? Also what should screws look like - got to get some similar type at hardware - not after exact original = thanks

So does this tag show the original slant?

One screw is normally body color and the other plain. Both are different sizes. Tag should show a crease where it was flipped up during the paint process.

My 67 dart has a crease (left side) as stated above, both screws are the same. The one by the crease is painted the other is not. There is also a shadow in the paint on the fender where the tag was flipped up and slightly rotated.

I think that's a plant procedural thing. Not every plant was like that.

Agreed... My Dart was built in Hamtramck

Last edited:
I think that's a plant procedural thing.

Not every plant was like that.

-
Back