Fender Tag

-

RSSteve

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I don't post all that often, but when I do? I'm usually a pain in the butt..lol

Could someone decode My fender tag for Me? or point Me to a site that I can find the info...thanks in advance. Steve.

44716178_2045792695464094_8346930509237977088_n.jpg

That fender tag appears to be similar to a 65. But If it were a 65 it would have numbers under at least the AB codes to denote engine. Can’t really help on the decoding. Nice project you have!

62to65mopar.com

Hi Guy's, I don't post all that often, but when I do? I'm usually a pain in the butt..lol

Could someone decode My fender tag for Me? or point Me to a site that I can find the info...thanks in advance. Steve.

View attachment 1715239262
Steve!

0510 means your cars scheduled assembly date was May 10th 1962. Not sure about the year though!

Additionally the SO (Special Order number) is 5068 and might possibly be found on top of the radiator support (it is on my 65)

I do not think anyone has the capability of decoding early A fender tags....and that is unfortunate.

I do not think anyone has the capability of decoding early A fender tags....and that is unfortunate.

You are probably correct on 60-64 tags. Some codes are known but not many. The 65’s seem to be well documented on what each combination in the ABC 123 lines

PS: this is My new project...We never got 2 doors in Australia...so different is good.

View attachment 1715239263

Have a look under the drivers floor carpet, and under the back seat. You are looking for what I think is called a "Broadcast Sheet" which includes the numbers on that tag plus much more, and is what the guys on the production line work from. This tells them which heater, which radio, trim colours, etc. I've got a 1964 Dart GT (in Australia) and while there's a guy on every corner who can decode tags for later "acknowledged muscle cars", guys who can decode the early pre 1965 tags are scarce, and the Dodge Codes do not translate across to Plymouth. I've decoded most of mine just by watching EVERY SINGLE fender tag thread and writing down the numbers that are the same on mine!

-
Back