Fender Top Mounted Turn Signal Cameras

-

sport74

Reaction score
Random thought occurred to me that it might be possible to mount a small backup camera inside the housing of some of the factory option turn signal indicators that mount on the top of the fender. If so these could be used as wide angle mirrors when connected to a split screen monitor inside the car. I have added a passenger mirror to my car but they're not very good at showing much of what's behind you. Would love to know if this has been done before

Last edited:
Haven't done that but what I did on my passenger side mirror to help improve visibility was to purchase a 3 1/2" round blind spot mirror and pull the glass out of the plastic housing and 3M taped it to the original mirror surface.
Now I can see everything on the passenger side of the car.

That is a great idea. I'm not sure if the camera would be wide enough to actually see in your blindspot tho. It would be worth a shot to try tho.

Great idea about the spot mirror! Those cameras some in wide and regular fields of view. The one on the wife's SUV can almost show you standing at the corner of the bumper, even with the back

-
Back