Fenderwell Headers and Exhaust System

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Any pics on how anyone has solved the fenderwell/exhaust system? Saw that Patriot has a 26" long black pipe/muffler with a turn out. They are 3 1/2" inlets. Too big for my combo. My car sits ,even with the SS spring rake, higher than stock in the front. I don't need to go all the way to the back bumper. To the rear or turned out just before the back tire. I'm aware of the need to cut the trans support to avoid that ugly exhaust pipe bump. That's why I'm thinking a straight run.

On my next exhaust system
I'm gonna see if I can engineer some instant opening/closing cutouts. Then I'm gonna bolt those on to about 2ft header extensions. Then I'm gonna dump that tiny 1.25 or so exhaust right in front of the rear seat with no muffs at all.
or maybe I'll Y those two exits together and run a small single out to dump just ahead of the passenger rear tire, with one of those T/A mufflers.
Then I'm gonna run a big spreadbore with tiny primaries, and trigger those cutouts to open with the secondaries. Shazzam!.
Well anyway, that's the dream
to shed about a 80 pounds of 3" in/3" out full length TTI duals including nearly 40pounds of Dynomaxers, and all the hanging hardware.
Since it will be in a lightweight A long-roof,it will have fenderwells for sure, likely the Hooker 5208s. And it's gonna sit up a little higher than factory, because of the big meats I wanna run.. And I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get those pipes turned smoothly, and tucked up high. And I'm gonna figure out how to run more than 245s up front, and I don't care if I have to widen the suspension tie points out to B-body size to get it done. When she gets done, she's gonna look like a pitbull and be twice as mean.
Well, that's the dream anyway.

The 5208's collector sits under the trans crossmember. they sit that low

I have a set of JR headers. They are full fenderwell header. By eye, I'm thinking that I might cut the collector and put a 90* elbow to gain a better flow under the chassis and give me a better shot for running the exhaust system.

3-1/2 - 3 inch reducers are available....

That oval pipe looks promising. That's just what the Nascar guys use.

-
Back