FENDERWELL HEADERS / TORQUE BOXES

-

1995dak

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find any info on it. I am getting ready to put u.s. cartool torque boxes in my Duster and it looks like the front boxes may get in the way of the fenderwell headers. I have not purchased headers yet and may be concerned about nothing but I just want to make sure before I burn the front boxes in. Would anybody have a pic of the collectors or maybe better yet a pic of a car with torque boxes and fenderwell headers? As always any advice is greatly appreciated.

Yes, they will get in the way. In fact you have to cut the brace for the rocker and the frame rail to put them in, so don't waste your money on front torque boxes!

Yes, they will get in the way. In fact you have to cut the brace for the rocker and the frame rail to put them in, so don't waste your money on front torque boxes!

Thank you, the car had fenderwell headers in it at one time so it is already cut for the collectors. The torque boxes sit further back so I wasn't sure but it looked like it would be in the way.

My advice is to put the torque boxes in and get rid of the fenderwell headers. Fenderwell headers don't work that well (tubes are too long) and they get in the way of everything.

My advice is to put the torque boxes in and get rid of the fenderwell headers. Fenderwell headers don't work that well (tubes are too long) and they get in the way of everything.

AMEN. Those headers are not worth the effort.

My M Code ‘cuda had fenderwell headers at one time and I Had to replace the vertical braces that went from the sub frame to the rockers for both sides. I just found the templates that I made 25 years ago the other day. Back when the car was restored my body guy didn’t believe me when I told him that I made these as he believed they were nos. I even still have the die I made to hand stamp the reinforcement ribs.

What Me Worry!

64 Valiant Ft. no clip.jpg

-
Back