FENDERWELL HEADERS / TORQUE BOXES

Big Block A body Tech

1. 1995dak

1995dak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find any info on it. I am getting ready to put u.s. cartool torque boxes in my Duster and it looks like the front boxes may get in the way of the fenderwell headers. I have not purchased headers yet and may be concerned about nothing but I just want to make sure before I burn the front boxes in. Would anybody have a pic of the collectors or maybe better yet a pic of a car with torque boxes and fenderwell headers? As always any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. HemiSSDart

HemiSSDart Dartus Interuptus

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    Yes, they will get in the way. In fact you have to cut the brace for the rocker and the frame rail to put them in, so don't waste your money on front torque boxes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 1995dak

1995dak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      1:34 AM
      Thank you, the car had fenderwell headers in it at one time so it is already cut for the collectors. The torque boxes sit further back so I wasn't sure but it looked like it would be in the way.

• AndyF

AndyF Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      11:34 PM
      My advice is to put the torque boxes in and get rid of the fenderwell headers. Fenderwell headers don't work that well (tubes are too long) and they get in the way of everything.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • yellow rose

yellow rose Doctor of Thinkology.

Local Time:
        11:34 PM

AMEN. Those headers are not worth the effort.

• mcodecuda

mcodecuda Senior Member

Local Time:
        2:34 AM
        My M Code ‘cuda had fenderwell headers at one time and I Had to replace the vertical braces that went from the sub frame to the rockers for both sides. I just found the templates that I made 25 years ago the other day. Back when the car was restored my body guy didn’t believe me when I told him that I made these as he believed they were nos. I even still have the die I made to hand stamp the reinforcement ribs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.