Ferrea LF1004 63g Lifters - on sale

-

csheehy

^Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Anybody looking for a set of super lightweight lifters - take a look at Ferrea's LF1004 on eBay https://goo.gl/4Wx2Yy These weigh just 63g. I contacted the seller, and they put a 12-pack together just for us Slant-6 owners and priced it right at $225 ($18.75 each).

These are not for everyone - but it's a super deal for some.

Lightweight components reduce inertia load and stabilize the valvetrain; lightweight parts just aren't for high-RPM motors, it's a theory that's in use in everything from Corolla's to 911's because it works.​

From Ferrea: "Ferrea's Lightweight Pro Solid lifters are composed of super clean Tool Steel Alloy material which provides quality assurance through increased resistive strength and durability to higher levels of compressive stress seen in today’s higher revving motors. Fully CNC machined inner cavity eliminates as much weight as possible and a final grind to the inner diameter is performed to provide tight dimensional tolerance."

Now if I could just find someone to put a beehive valve spring package together...

Enjoy,
-Chris

Last edited:
The lower mass is of zero real (practical, measurable) benefit in all but a very few full-race Slant-6 engines. However, if it's a choice between these and today's off-the-shelf lifters made in China of ground and compressed political dissidents and unwanted girl-children, I'd take the Ferrea lifters in a hurry to avoid the likelihood of having to re-rebuild the engine.

(Fortunately that can remain a thought exercise for now, because there are enough NOS lifters still available for inexpensive money that there's no need to spend big bucks on specialty ones.)

While in very hi RPM applications, lighter lifters and Rev Kits with a second set of springs seated in a plate acting directly on the tappets provides some performance and
reliability gains, You ain't never gonna see it/feel it/know it in a mortal slanty period. Don't start chasing magical, mystical "balance of the universe" ghosts, the improvement
IF any would be nearly undetectable. 95%+ of all valvetrain performance improvement comes from valve-side reduction in mass, including the long arm of the rockers, don't
take My word for it either. Go check out what folks like say...Smokey Yunick had to say about it after spending His life obsessively studying,testing, & racing such things.

-
Back