FI Tech fuel injection info

-

Rmoore

Reaction score
Have a church member that has a Ford Falcon Ranchero 302 v8 automatic. He had a HP400 FI injection installed ! Looks like the shop that did it did a good job ! This dude is Fat at idle and low speed ! He brought the car over to me ! I’ve never messed with one of these after market setup. The hand held unit that you read all your info off of is all he has ! It says it has a fault code 1. While we was looking it over I went to idle it up and the throttle was stuck closed. So we killed it and finally got the throttle to open. Not sure what is happening there ! My question is how do you change the tune ? Can you change it with the small hand held device that you read all your settings off of ? Is there paperwork that came with the kit that tells you what a fault 1
Is ?

Here are some common setup instructions for the issues you may be having.

IAC Steps:

Turn the driver’s side throttle adjustment screw IN (clockwise) half a turn to start with, with that done turn the key on and go to dashboard and find TPS and make sure it reads zero. If not, then shut the key off and wait for the numbers to go black then turn the key on again. Once that reads zero start the vehicle and find IAC Steps on dashboard. This number needs to be within 3-10 at warm idle. If the number reads zero then slowly turn the screw OUT (counter clockwise) until the IAC steps reads between 3-10. If the number is above 10 then shut the vehicle off and turn the screw IN as stated above and repeat the process until the IAC steps are between 3-10.

Cranking fuel adjustments:

With the key on go to the Go EFI Tuning menu, find Crank and Warm up. There you will see three cranking fuel selections. For cold starts add or subtract fuel from Crank fuel 65f, for hot starts add or subtract fuel from crank fuel 170f. Changing these settings should help with your start up issues along with setting the IAC. A good starting point is to change the settings in intervals of 10 to find which way you need to adjust the system to work better.

Accel pump/ Fast Accel adjustment:

If the system is having a hesitation or bogging issue, and you IAC steps are between 3-10 at warm idle, then your next step would be to adjust the accel pump function to increase or decrease the fuel added on acceleration. To start with turn the key to the on position and then find Go EFI Tuning on the main menu and press enter. Then find Accel pump and press enter. You will see a menu with multiple different settings, you need to focus on the Accel pumps (20f, 65f, 170f) and Fast Accel (20f, 65f, 170f). These setting adjust how much fuel, at varying temperatures, the system injects when you accelerate. Accel pump is used for any normal throttle input, Fast Accel is for any fast throttle inputs or Wide Open Throttle.

Hesitation: If the vehicle has a hesitation (when you step on the throttle and the engine does hangs and/ or almost dies and then suddenly take off) this normally is a lack of fuel so you would fix this by increasing the Accel Pump (for normal throttle input hesitations) or Fast Accel (for fast throttle or WOT inputs). You would make changes starting in increments of 10, to the temp range that you are finding the issue to reside in.

Bogging/engine loads up/slow to respond: If the vehicle is bogging (when you step on the throttle and the engine is slower/sluggish to come up to a higher rpm) this is normally caused by over fueling. To fix this you would need to reduce the amount of fuel it is injecting as an accel pump shot. To do this this decrease the Accel Pump (for normal throttle input hesitations) or Fast Accel (for fast throttle or WOT inputs). You would make changes starting in increments of 10, to the temp range that you are finding the issue to reside in.

These are a basic overview of the most common setup questions, if you have any other questions please let me know . Thank you for choosing FiTech!

Have a church member that has a Ford Falcon Ranchero 302 v8 automatic. He had a HP400 FI injection installed ! Looks like the shop that did it did a good job ! This dude is Fat at idle and low speed ! He brought the car over to me ! I’ve never messed with one of these after market setup. The hand held unit that you read all your info off of is all he has ! It says it has a fault code 1. While we was looking it over I went to idle it up and the throttle was stuck closed. So we killed it and finally got the throttle to open. Not sure what is happening there ! My question is how do you change the tune ? Can you change it with the small hand held device that you read all your settings off of ? Is there paperwork that came with the kit that tells you what a fault 1
Is ?

You can with my FAST 2.0 --------

Check their website, you can download the ppwk that came with it. There is also a Q&A section with questions from customers.
Call them if you need more info, they have always been helpful.

Had mine since 2018. I set the IAC and let it learn. Changed some settings here and there, but just minor adjustments.

I have an FItech I have not used, I bought it used. My mind is fuzzy but "I think" there is a way to play the system--if you desire--and be able to run the "higher dollar" software to program the unit in addition to the handheld display

-
Back