Fiberglass hood

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a fiberglass hood for my 64 Dart. I've found two companies that make them. Has anybody bought from either of these companies?

1) VFN Fiberglass

2) US Body source

Seems to be a $130 difference
any info would be helpful as I want quality.

I just picked up a used US Body race weight hood for a 64-65 Valiant/Barracuda. Mine is used, a little rough and needs some repairs, so I can't speak for what they are like new. Overall I would say the shape looks very accurate and it is very light weight. I intend on repairing mine and glassing in some extra braces to mount it on the stock hinges. Hope this info helps.

bought a dual snorkle scoop from vfn. overall is decent but once i got it, i thought it was overpriced.

unlimited fiberglass in Hesperia Ca seems pretty reasonably priced.

Thanks for the info. I'll do a little calling around.

Got my first hood from US, I loved it. Only thing I would buy from Unlimited are bumpers. US cost to ship though, so factor in crate shipping.

Got two hoods from Unlimited...one for a 71 duster...just got it a couple of weeks ago...one for a 71 Demon...but hoods very nicely made....they were the light weight pin on style...

my bumpers from Unlimited for 71 dart were very nice..front and rear along with brackets...rear bumper for Demon was a POS....

my bumpers from AAR/Stinger fiberglass...look like ****....looks like they glues the ends on after they came out of the mold...got front and rear for Duster ...and the rear for the Demon...that look like it has a back case of acne on one of the corners...

I had a set of fiberglass fenders from US Body for my Scamp before I found a nice set of steels. When I had them installed they looked just like the originals. All the body lines matched up perfect and there wasn't much flashing that needed to be removed.

I know it's not a hood but from what I can tell from the quality of the fenders I bet the hoods are just as good. As a matter a fact, I'll be buying a six pack fiberglass hood from them when I get to that point in my build.

-
Back