Fiberglass repair on heater box

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hello all I’ve go the heater box tore out of my 65 Dart non ac car. Was wondering what you guys would use to re-attach the trap door hinge to the box? Should I just Jb weld it? Thanks Dustin

Hello all I’ve go the heater box tore out of my 65 Dart non ac car. Was wondering what you guys would use to re-attach the trap door hinge to the box? Should I just Jb weld it? Thanks Dustin
How was it attached before? I just restored my 69 super bee heater box. Everything was either riveted or screwed together.

• How was it attached before? I just restored my 69 super bee heater box. Everything was either riveted or screwed together.
Looks like riveted but detached. I can’t believe how gross it was inside this thing and I was daily driving it off and on for 20 years lol.
91CBC77E-4787-487C-8AC2-9CF4BB98564F.jpeg

I would do a fiberglas repair on the holes then make a support bracket for the opposite side.

By the way you can edit the title. Look for the "thread tools" link just below the title

829A16DA-CF01-4C93-A4C3-440AC5E0305C.jpeg
Looks like riveted but detached. I can’t believe how gross it was inside this thing and I was daily driving it off and on for 20 years lol.
View attachment 1715534841
Yep, rivets. And like the others said, repair and support the area. Are you using a restoration kit? If you have access to a bead blaster I would clean everything so thing work and move better. mine was disgusting also!!! Huge rat nest, tons of rat crap.

View attachment 1715534871
Yep, rivets. And like the others said, repair and support the area. Are you using a restoration kit? If you have access to a bead blaster I would clean everything so thing work and move better. mine was disgusting also!!! Huge rat nest, tons of rat crap.
Yeah I ordered the seal kit from DMT. I plan on wire wheel or sandblast as much rust as I can. Gotta replace a cable or 2. Needs a core and heater motor.

-
Back