Figured id share my garbage..

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
Well, progress has been slim to say the least since the Fling. Been trying to not be stupid and sort out my lack of MAP reading, the one fuel line I didnt do in PTFE (I misplaced a fitting the day before the show) and @TT5.9mag came to the rescue with a non ptfe fitting i needed so I could make it. Well, I slacked on changing out the hose due to constantly listening to the fender exit and lost fuel pressure last weekend. Assuming the rubber hose degraded and plugged the filter. Least I hope so. Gonna make a ptfe line tomorrow and pull the filter this weekend.

Still no fans on it, trans cooler still bungee corded behind the grill. Got a ways to go still and im slowly picking away.

20220423_135414.jpg

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hay, what the hell. It's runnin and drivin, right?

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
Hay, what the hell. It's runnin and drivin, right?

It was. Fuel pressure dropped from 6psi to 4.5, then the following weekend down to 3psi. Made zero changes so I assume the filter is just plugged up. I didnt even put a timing light on it or graph a timing curve. Ripped it a little on the street, put it on the trailer and took it to the show.

https://youtube.com/shorts/axua-ZsrRvM?feature=share

Matts440

Reaction score
It was. Fuel pressure dropped from 6psi to 4.5, then the following weekend down to 3psi. Made zero changes so I assume the filter is just plugged up. I didnt even put a timing light on it or graph a timing curve. Ripped it a little on the street, put it on the trailer and took it to the show.

https://youtube.com/shorts/axua-ZsrRvM?feature=share

Sounds good my friend. Its always a slow process but you'll get it done. I'm gonna have to come down one fling and get all the classic mopars with turbos next to each other. Have our own section lol the fling was always fun to go too.

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
Ran it up and down the road a few times. Still no fans or tune. Life keeps getting in the way.

It doesn't run the greatest, comes into boost fairly quickly and seems to pull alright considering what it is and the lack of tune. Hopefully in the next few months it'll be ironed out.

20220702_174855.jpg

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
Well, it sat for a few weeks. Helped the inlaws move, doing stuff around the house and all the general life stuff. Figured id light the car off. Something told me to kick the pump on and check for leaks first. Sure heard fuel gushing. Needle and seat hung up, out the vent tubes and straight down the charge pipe into the turbo. Got the fuel out if the turbo, new .130 needles and seats at all 4 corners, gonna pop the plugs out and bar it over then change the oil in it.

With how much has gotten in the way this thing better fly ass or run the crank over.

20220826_224939.jpg

TT5.9mag

Two atmospheres are better than one
Reaction score
Unreal. At least you have vent tube extensions and all that fuel didn’t end up in the engine, then you crank it over and hydraulic it.

dusted

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, it sat for a few weeks. Helped the inlaws move, doing stuff around the house and all the general life stuff. Figured id light the car off. Something told me to kick the pump on and check for leaks first. Sure heard fuel gushing. Needle and seat hung up, out the vent tubes and straight down the charge pipe into the turbo. Got the fuel out if the turbo, new .130 needles and seats at all 4 corners, gonna pop the plugs out and bar it over then change the oil in it.

With how much has gotten in the way this thing better fly ass or run the crank over.

View attachment 1715977412

don’t forget to remove the cover for the inlet on the turbo. I don’t run a filter on my turbo and use the cover when I park my car and have forgotten it more then I can count.

Turbo440Dart

crank runner over-er
Reaction score
don’t forget to remove the cover for the inlet on the turbo. I don’t run a filter on my turbo and use the cover when I park my car and have forgotten it more then I can count.

Oh trust me I have forgotten it a time or two already. Definitely no room for a filter on mine so I pop the cover on it once things cool down a little after running it.