Filler Neck Hose - 1969 Dodge Dart

-

Nico O'Hara

Reaction score
Hello!

im currently in the process of rebuilding my Dodge Dart and a mechanic friend said that i will need a gas filler hose. I have no clue what part that is and when I look it up it doesn’t seem like I can find the right part. About to look in shop manual, anyone got any ideas?

There is a rubber "boot" or seal if you want to call it that, that fits into the top of the gas tank where the gas fill tube goes into the top of the tank to seal it. That could be what he's referring to.

I'm not sure what part is in question here either. A 69 Dart doesn't use a hose, the filler is a rigid tube that goes from the fender to the tank. There is a flat gasket that goes at the filler neck to fender junction, and there is a donut-looking seal at the tank to hold the filler tube in place and keep it from leaking. There is a flat rubber seal that goes over the tube to close up the hole in the trunk where the tube passes through. The flat rubber seal is shown here, the top filler seal is out of sight behind the mounting hardware, and the tank seal is underneath the trunk pan. I think we need more info.

20200901_143714.jpg

There were only 3 hoses on an OEM car fuel system. They are, the tank sender to fuel supply tube connector, the supply tube to the pump connector, and the small vent line connector for the 1/4" vent tube, in the trunk.

As mentioned, the "filler hose" is a rigid metal tube that is sealed in the tank by a proprietary grommet which you can still get "reproduction."

I'm not sure what part is in question here either. A 69 Dart doesn't use a hose, the filler is a rigid tube that goes from the fender to the tank. There is a flat gasket that goes at the filler neck to fender junction, and there is a donut-looking seal at the tank to hold the filler tube in place and keep it from leaking. There is a flat rubber seal that goes over the tube to close up the hole in the trunk where the tube passes through. The flat rubber seal is shown here, the top filler seal is out of sight behind the mounting hardware, and the tank seal is underneath the trunk pan. I think we need more info.

View attachment 1715926157

Is that a stock wheel for your spare ?

Is that a stock wheel for your spare ?

No, it's an oddball temporary that fits - barely - in the hole. Shoot me a PM if you want the details. That way we don't hijack this thread.

-
Back