Finally Found What I Was Looking For - New Ride

-
Nice, nothing like a J code! Great to see the airbox is the correct colour as well.... cause they ain't Black like everyone thinks!

I do have a question about it though. It seems a little weird it doesn't have snappier wheels or at least a high end full wheel cover. The wheels it has are more Road Runnerish than top of the line GTX. I'm sure they're right so evidently they came that way, too?

I always wanted a '69 Roadrunner, green, 383 or 400, auto. But B-bodies have been out of my reach financially for a long time.

WOW, how Awesome is that congratulations on fulfilling your dream, please tell us it's not going to sit and just collect dust. That needs to be driven and enjoyed.
I don't own cars that I don't drive. Completely defeats the purpose for me. I am working through a couple things to get it fully road worthy and it will be on the street soon.

I do have a question about it though. It seems a little weird it doesn't have snappier wheels or at least a high end full wheel cover. The wheels it has are more Road Runnerish than top of the line GTX. I'm sure they're right so evidently they came that way, too?
Those are the factory correct 15" steel wheels for this particular car. It actually came with the correct dog dish hubcaps, but frankly they looked stupid to me on this all black car. The black wheels make it more menacing looking. When I have money again, I may buy an extra set of wheels and tires for a little more custom look. I really like Magnums or maybe some other wheel (like maybe Torque Thrusts). But for now, I am good with the steelies. The first thing I did was add a set of Redline Radials from Diamondback.
IMG_8636.JPG

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8661.JPG

Congrats! true story I started out with a 69 Coronet 500 with the 318, I wanted a 340 for it. i set out to find one and found my 340 swinger. I got to the point where I had 2 cars and one had to go, i kept my 340 swinger. It didnt have any rust issues, and the Coronet needed trunk pans and frame rails. I love the B bodies though.

-
Back