Finally ready to go to the track again!!

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
The car is all buttoned up, new tires on the back, starts and runs ok, doesn't leak. It's ready to go in the trailer and off to the track Friday night for some testing.
I haven't had it on a race track since the 1st week of May last year.
It's going to be 105 Friday but I don't care, I need some track time!
1st pass or 2 will be taking it easy, just making sure everything steers, shifts and brakes okay.

That's great news! I agree with the stayin cool part. Good luck!

I just checked. No mention of cancelling as of yet. They open the gates at 5pm but I don't plan on being there until about 8pm because of the heat.

My air conditioner broke a couple of weeks ago. It was 86 degrees in my bedroom at midnight last night.

Good luck to you!! Happy that you get to go back to the track after the work you put in on the car. Let us know how it does!

My air conditioner broke a couple of weeks ago. It was 86 degrees in my bedroom at midnight last night.
That sucks. Maybe a window unit? That's all we've had for over ten years now. It does pretty good except for the absolute hottest days. Keeps everything but the rear three bedrooms cool. I close those off anyway.

It gets hot at my local track too, how much power would an air conditioner kill on a racecar lol, seriously but lol too

you can usually buy window units for 100-200 used that will keep your bedroom cool for sure, see them on Craig’s list, Facebook, etc, etc. Suckers are heavy though

stuff like this…15000 btu will cool a 1000 square foot

armana 15,000 btu air conditioner - general for sale - by owner

I’m running a little low on funds this year with rising costs and being able to race again. Just had an expensive race at Quaker City and a 400.00 plus race at keystone next weekend, and Norwalk was 625.00 for their big race coming up. I have my furnace 1/2 way apart to change out the blower motor and cage. Not cheap but that will fix my air conditioning. I’m still waiting on over 5000.00 from income tax filled in February

Went to the track tonight. Car ran okay, needs a new throttle position sensor. I have one, but didn't take it with me to the track. Also needs some fuel and timing tweaking and then it'll be ready to race. Wasn't as hot as it was supposed to be. Under 100 degrees. Clouds and breeze helped. Were able to sit outside and not run the a/c in the trailer.

-
Back