Finally the proud owner of an A Body GTS.

-

69DARTWANTED

Reaction score
OK. I finally bit the bullet. I purchased a 69 GTS Convertible, #'s matching 340 auto, console car.

I felt I did my homework before buying.....but I want to be sure I didn't get ripped off.

Car is a driver, solid but the paint is a 6 at best. Everything works. Aside from being cold blooded as heck, it's drives and rides pretty decent.

Is $18,500 a fair price on this GTS????

All opinions appreciated, whether I like what you have to say or not.

Thanks,

Will

Attachments

• dart2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 368
  • dart fender tag.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 375
  • dart 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 362
Given that its a convertible, I'd say you did ok.

Pretty sure the woodgrain console top didn't come out till 70, but I could be wrong.

Very nice car, I think that you did just fine as long as there is no hiding cancer or rot. I thought headrests were mandatory by 69? Are they not supposed to be on your car?

Given that its a convertible, I'd say you did ok.

Pretty sure the woodgrain console top didn't come out till 70, but I could be wrong.

I think 69 was the intro year for woodgrain on the console. I am not sure about the simulated wood shift knob though, I thought it was later.

I'd say you did good. GTS and convertible = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
My 69 GT doesn't have headrests. Wonder if it was optional on GTS's

cant find a picture but you can see them in the video.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAdjXZM_vrA"]GOPR0051 - YouTube[/ame]

Good looking car and a not to common Y4 gold! My 69 383 Barracuda-S is the same color...
The head rests were an option until Jan 1 of 69, after this date they were legislated by law to be installed. so, if its an early model prior to Jan of 69 build date it is possible to not have them.
The console should as yours does have the wood grain top. The wood grain top started in 69 model year, but again if an extremely early car it could be possible to have the metal top...not likely though.
But...looking at you tag, I would say the car is a very late build July of 1969 at the very end of the 69 production. 1970 production would have started in mid-late August of 70. You should ask around but your car could be one of the last if not the last "A" body Rag top built? Depends on the build date and being so late in the build year (69 model) who knows....that would be a very cool find indeed!
I have a friend with a 70 RoadRunner Rag top....late date as yours and it documented as the last 70 "B" body RR built for 1970. A total accident finding his car, and after checking the Numbers...this is what he was told.. KOOL!

Seller seemed honest and trustworthy. The car did come with head rests. When he redid the front seats, he didn't like the look so he removed them. I have the head rests....in the truck, as I just picked the car up yesterday.

As long as you're happy, our opinions shouldn't matter. If 18,5 was good enough for you to bring it to a good home, then I say you did great. Beautiful Dart my man!

The wood grain console is correct for '69 and the headrests became mandatory on Jan 1, 1969. So if the car was built before then (like mine was), no headrests unless they were ordered as an option.

However, the date code on this convertible is 707 (July 7, 1969) so it should have headrests.

Still a nice car at a reasonable price from as far as I can tell from the pictures.

The radio looks like a knob type not a thumb wheel?

Congratulations on your purchase.

Nice ride. I have more than that in my original slant 6 convertible, but it is nicely resto-modded. That's something I would have a hard time doing if at all to a numbers SBM convertible.

The cold bloodedness is in the tune. Once you get the timing optimized, dial in the carb and adjust the choke and trans kick-down settings, you will be amazed at the performance. If it still has points, you can upgrade to electronic without it being visible.

How do you mean? If it came from Central Wisconsin????? Please explain?

he is referring to salt used on your roads and POSSIBLE rust problems on frame, etc . I live in Missouri, and have bought great projects out of Mi., S.D. etc.. but the cars were never driven in winter, the owners drove " beaters" in snow.
a cool, desirable car for sure!! like the guy said, if you were happy with the car and price, that's all what matters.

Nice car! Love the color. Seems like a good price to me. But again as long as YOU'RE happy that all that matters. Have fun with your new ride.

OK. I finally bit the bullet. I purchased a 69 GTS Convertible, #'s matching 340 auto, console car.

I felt I did my homework before buying.....but I want to be sure I didn't get ripped off.

Car is a driver, solid but the paint is a 6 at best. Everything works. Aside from being cold blooded as heck, it's drives and rides pretty decent.

Is $18,500 a fair price on this GTS????

All opinions appreciated, whether I like what you have to say or not.

Thanks,

Will

Is the car listed in the registry?

Very nice car! You would be hard pressed to build one to the level your car currently is for $18.5 k. Good buy in my opinion

The radio looks like a knob type not a thumb wheel?

Congratulations on your purchase.

I noticed that too....being it's different color from the rest of the interior.....maybe a dash change, which begs the question....what VIN tag is attached to this "replacement" dash?

Just askin'......

EDIT...Being a '67 dash (1 year only knobs), it won't have a dash VIN.

I noticed that too....being it's different color from the rest of the interior.....maybe a dash change, which begs the question....what VIN tag is attached to this "replacement" dash?

Just askin'......

EDIT...Being a '67 dash (1 year only knobs), it won't have a dash VIN.

Doesn't appear to be a 67 dashpad, but it is hard to tell from the pictures. If it is a 67 dash frame it leads to the next question....... Is there actually a VIN on the car?

Sweet ride- for me one of the ultimate A body Mopars- no worries about details- you like it- that is all that matters

-
Back