finish panel

-

Andyzell

Reaction score
How would you go about removing dents from a finish panel? i want to do something while i save up for the bonded title.

what finish panel?

69 barracuda
265501_480757225276600_284692571_o.jpg

sorry about the size

patience....ice....dolly hammer, dies.....and LOTS of patience.

Aluminum is very soft, so it heats up when you work it (thats what the ice is for....work the finish panel while cold...and work it SLOWLY, time IS of the essence with aluminum....and it wont distort as bad if you use thermal common sense.)

patience....ice....dolly hammer, dies.....and LOTS of patience.

Aluminum is very soft, so it heats up when you work it (thats what the ice is for....work the finish panel while cold...and work it SLOWLY, time IS of the essence with aluminum....and it wont distort as bad if you use thermal common sense.)

thanks for the much needed advice. thats exactly what i needed to know. now
to find a friend with the right tools lol.

Andy, please do yourself and your finish panel a favor and practice a LOT on something else first that isn't so important ... or as expensive to replace.

A buddy of mine just bought one off of a guy for like $150 that was mint. the guy didn't know he was sitting on a gold mine. His original one is in near mint condition. just needs polishing and paint. I'll ask him if he's willing to part with it.

I've heard several people say you can buy a textured argent silver paint from Eastwood that matches the finish panels. Whenever I called Eastwood they acted like they've never heard of it. If you find a # for the paint let us know.

A buddy of mine just bought one off of a guy for like $150 that was mint. the guy didn't know he was sitting on a gold mine. His original one is in near mint condition. just needs polishing and paint. I'll ask him if he's willing to part with it.

yes please do and shoot me a price. thanks

Andy, please do yourself and your finish panel a favor and practice a LOT on something else first that isn't so important ... or as expensive to replace.

yeah sounds like a great idea. i should go to the parts yard and see what random aluminium trim they have.

-
Back