Finnished My In Cabin Idle Contoller

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff I do when I get bored.:D

As you can see there is an addition to my throttle linkages.
The idea was/is that when it's not cold enough for the choke to set the high idle cam on the carb the engine idles too low until it gets warmed up.
This in cabin controller allows me to manually set the idle rpm's anywhere from too low to 1,500 rpm's with a twist of the knob under the dash.

Sure, I could have used a push/pull type cable to do this on an electric choke carb but I wanted a finer control over it and a twist type control.
Now I can start the engine and a twist or two of the knob brings the curb idle up to wherever I want it between 500 and 1,500 rpm's cold idle with the choke off because of it not being cold enough to set it.

These tach pictures were taken within about 30 seconds of each other at cold idle.
The choke didn't set the high idle and the engine wanted to idle a about 600 rpm's until I gave the knob a clockwise twist and set it at 1,000 rpm's to warm up.

I can't help myself, as I have this thing about "One Off" on my car, and I love building things. :D

0.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I love doing one off home built stuff too. That's really cool. Great idea too. Allows you to kinda tune tune what you want. I may have to copy what you did lol.

I love doing one off home built stuff too. That's really cool. Great idea too. Allows you to kinda tune tune what you want. I may have to copy what you did lol.

Have you seen my "One Off" carbon fiber dash caps?
Built it on the kitchen table out of real carbon fiber panels and RV corner trim.
Used a computer case side cover for the gauge pod and the little red light by the tach is the line lock active light.
The pod face is also carbon fiber now.
This was years ago before I redid the speedo and gauges after I took the rotten dash pad off.

SANY0177.JPG

SANY0177a.JPG

That’s cool. I did something similar on my falcon. But I did it with the stock choke push/pull cable. I wanted it to idle up a little with no choke applied when warming up. Took a little modification of the fast idle cams and linkage but worked great.

Now that's cool.

When I did my 42rh swap there were no adjustable shift point kits made (I looked everywhere.)
So I ordered some adjustable NOS fuel safety cut off switches and built it myself.
The only kit available gave a choice of two sets of shift point only.
I think it was 45 or 55 only.
The adjustable switches are actually made to cut the fuel if NOS levels are too low.
You could say I used them backwards to engage OD and lockup instead of disengage NOS.
Worked perfect for setting any speeds of my automatic shift points for OD and lockup.

Here's a solution I came up with to not have to buy all the crap and cut into brake lines for a line lock since laws require brake lights be active when the lock is in use.
It allows power to go the the line lock and make the brake lights come on, but not activate the lock when you step on the brakes.
Most don't understand how it works, but basically it's a simple one way gate for 12v.
Sold a few of these here and people love em.

baseimage.jpg

That’s cool. I did something similar on my falcon. But I did it with the stock choke push/pull cable. I wanted it to idle up a little with no choke applied when warming up. Took a little modification of the fast idle cams and linkage but worked great.

That was my first thought actually, but I couldn't stand the thought of a push/pull unit.
I just had to make it a twist design, but no one I could find made the part to control a push/pull cable via a twist knob so I had to build it.

I think the twist knob is better. It's a fine adjustment. Simple mechanical solution. I said it before, but again, I need to copy this idea.

That was my first thought actually, but I couldn't stand the thought of a push/pull unit.
I just had to make it a twist design, but no one I could find made the part to control a push/pull cable via a twist knob so I had to build it.

And you did a nice job. It looks great and you have finite adjustability. I like it.

Most don't understand how it works, but basically it's a simple one way gate for 12v.
Sold a few of these here and people love em.

View attachment 1715498950

they work just like the positrac rear end in a Plymouth...it just does
I actually used the second one in my plow truck to make my auxiliary back up lights a one way street

that way the can be on all the time (with a switch) or when the regular brake lights come on

-
Back